Vuslat

Işık
Verified Member

Re: Vuslat

Post by Işık » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 pm

I am glad I came to this show knowing absolutely nothing about Kadir Doğulu, not the stigma of cancelled shows, not his earlier eventful life, and having watched nothing of his previous series.
One way I use to tell how good an actor is in his role is to imagine someone else portraying the role. In the present case, I can think of no one who can portray Aziz better than Kadir did. As I noted in a previous post, I personally see Aziz as a strong, rightful and sensitive character. Now rightful is something that can be conveyed by the script. Strong is something that the actor has to convince you of. The same goes for sensitive.

And I think the combination of the two is very hard to portray in a convincing manner. At the risk of offending some of the fans, let me explain what I mean. Barış Arduç is a very good Kuzgun, but when he cries, I cringe. I don't think I can say a lot about Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ without being stoned so let me be brief. If we were supposed to feel with him through his depression in Çarpışma, I am sorry. It was not convincing, it was annoying. And it may be the script rather than the acting, I don't know. The short of it is that a strong and emotionally loaded male lead is not an easy role to pull off.

On the other hand, Kadir does an excellent job in emotional scenes. Keep in mind that I came to this with no prejudices, so I had absolutely no expectations. And I was truly amazed in the first scene where I saw him shed a tear because I actually could believe him.

I saw people saying that Kadir was still in his Aziz. If anything, I found him to be over expressive. I have no other material to compare him with so I don't know if and how his Aziz is different from his other roles. I truly hope that the particular mannerisms and face expressions that he associated to the Aziz character are particular to this series and not something that he has used to portray other characters. That would undermine my opinion of his interpretation of Aziz.

And while we're discussing acting, I think everyone in this dizi did a stable job. Everyone was good or excellent. If a character was annoying it was becuase it was supposed to be so (Nehir mesala) and not because the actor is annoying (I am looking at you Sevda from Kimse bilmez). A special mention to Mehmet Özgür's Salih baba. That was truly something exeptional.

The only exception is Devrim, her first episodes were meh both because she was written badly and because she acted like a novice (which she is).
Her improvement throughout the series was clear however, even though her character was written in a sacma way most of the time unfortunately.
For a new actress with very little experience to be handed a lead role and actually pull it off, I salute her. She has definitely done a great job and I think she has the talent of a great actress.

Işık
Verified Member

Post by Işık » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:59 pm

On episodes 40/41 of Vuslat: what's wrong with Aziz and Feride (or Kadir and Devrim) ? I did not follow social media discussions so I am not sure about the BTS. To my knowledge, they were friendly and had a good relationship. But something is definitely off in the recent episodes. The AzFer relationship was never a physical one but they had at least a sweet platonic believable love that one can root for. And I don't feel it anymore. They act like best friends but not like love interests. At first, I thought it's the script. The old writer used to write electrical/witty scenes that the new ones do not seem capable of producing (despite their good grasp of the show). But there is something else going on and it may have to do with the acting.
Have you had a similar feeling?

Işık
Verified Member

Post by Işık » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:04 pm

And I am deeply disappointed by the way Feride is portrayed. A half wit damsel in distress that can't control her emotions and throws herself into danger by acting spontaneously. What is this writers? gaah
I really have very low tolerance for this portrayal of heroines. I am glad there is only 4 episodes left so they won't have the chance to completely ruin her character.

QueenLola
Sultan

Post by QueenLola » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:03 pm

Işık wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 pm
I am glad I came to this show knowing absolutely nothing about Kadir Doğulu, not the stigma of cancelled shows, not his earlier eventful life, and having watched nothing of his previous series.
One way I use to tell how good an actor is in his role is to imagine someone else portraying the role. In the present case, I can think of no one who can portray Aziz better than Kadir did. As I noted in a previous post, I personally see Aziz as a strong, rightful and sensitive character. Now rightful is something that can be conveyed by the script. Strong is something that the actor has to convince you of. The same goes for sensitive.

And I think the combination of the two is very hard to portray in a convincing manner. At the risk of offending some of the fans, let me explain what I mean. Barış Arduç is a very good Kuzgun, but when he cries, I cringe. I don't think I can say a lot about Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ without being stoned so let me be brief. If we were supposed to feel with him through his depression in Çarpışma, I am sorry. It was not convincing, it was annoying. And it may be the script rather than the acting, I don't know. The short of it is that a strong and emotionally loaded male lead is not an easy role to pull off.

On the other hand, Kadir does an excellent job in emotional scenes. Keep in mind that I came to this with no prejudices, so I had absolutely no expectations. And I was truly amazed in the first scene where I saw him shed a tear because I actually could believe him.

I saw people saying that Kadir was still in his Aziz. If anything, I found him to be over expressive. I have no other material to compare him with so I don't know if and how his Aziz is different from his other roles. I truly hope that the particular mannerisms and face expressions that he associated to the Aziz character are particular to this series and not something that he has used to portray other characters. That would undermine my opinion of his interpretation of Aziz.

And while we're discussing acting, I think everyone in this dizi did a stable job. Everyone was good or excellent. If a character was annoying it was becuase it was supposed to be so (Nehir mesala) and not because the actor is annoying (I am looking at you Sevda from Kimse bilmez). A special mention to Mehmet Özgür's Salih baba. That was truly something exeptional.

The only exception is Devrim, her first episodes were meh both because she was written badly and because she acted like a novice (which she is).
Her improvement throughout the series was clear however, even though her character was written in a sacma way most of the time unfortunately.
For a new actress with very little experience to be handed a lead role and actually pull it off, I salute her. She has definitely done a great job and I think she has the talent of a great actress.
Vay vay vay, you've been busy....
Asides the 2-3 episodes of BG i saw (plus that 1 episode of BSA), I was also pretty clueless about Kadir. His ability to convery Aziz excellently will go down as one of his best. There were many layers to Aziz asides the usual rich tycoon with a conscience we're so used to seeing. Kadir ticked every one of them off... upright, dangerous, conflicted, caring, inquisitive... when the role needed it, he delivered. I'll give major props to the writing, cos we rarely get an actor who is given all these features. Aziz was written as such, and Kadir had the opportunity to express himself making him even more magnetic. I don't want to say I'm worried for his next role, but after coming from a multi-layered character like this, it'll be hard to watch him fall into the usual cookie cutter mould of dizi males.
Every single actor delivered in their roles... my goodness Hasibe had me gritting my teeth in her scenes what a horrible character.
As much as it took Devrim a little while to get into her role, I also blame the early writing... there was nothing she could do but cry and look sad at all the evil people in her life just taking advantage of her. She grew into the character as Feride became stronger. I didn't watch either show, but I read she was pretty good in Vanatim Sensin... and a bit of a snake in Ruya.

Mehmet Ozgur.... I fell in love with him on Soz... in fact I think he's another reason I decided to watch Vuslat after his role on Soz ended. Amazing actor...
Işık wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:59 pm
On episodes 40/41 of Vuslat: what's wrong with Aziz and Feride (or Kadir and Devrim) ? I did not follow social media discussions so I am not sure about the BTS. To my knowledge, they were friendly and had a good relationship. But something is definitely off in the recent episodes. The AzFer relationship was never a physical one but they had at least a sweet platonic believable love that one can root for. And I don't feel it anymore. They act like best friends but not like love interests. At first, I thought it's the script. The old writer used to write electrical/witty scenes that the new ones do not seem capable of producing (despite their good grasp of the show). But there is something else going on and it may have to do with the acting.
Have you had a similar feeling?
Well, I didn't feel like that. Their relationship progressed pretty well. I'm talking about AzFer.
As for Devrim and Kadir, I think they were pretty cool with each other. They just kept their distance because of the usual fandom intrusion when it comes to shipping real life co-stars.

QueenLola
Sultan

Post by QueenLola » Sat May 02, 2020 8:19 am

I miss them ttantrum
[loveboat.gif] [loveboat.gif]

I should finally get around to watching those last couple of episodes subbed, but it'll really feel final for me then

Işık
Verified Member

Post by Işık » Sat May 02, 2020 12:10 pm

QueenLola wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:19 am
I miss them ttantrum
[loveboat.gif] [loveboat.gif]

I should finally get around to watching those last couple of episodes subbed, but it'll really feel final for me then
Me too tsad
I haven't watched the last episode yet. Received some bad news when I was about to start watching it (a month ago). In my head the two have become unfortunately linked.

QueenLola
Sultan

Post by QueenLola » Sat May 02, 2020 1:20 pm

Işık wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Me too tsad
I haven't watched the last episode yet. Received some bad news when I was about to start watching it (a month ago). In my head the two have become unfortunately linked.
Ufff gecmis olsun. deprosmiley
It sucks that you can't remember one without the other now tcandle

Rosamund
Guru

Post by Rosamund » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm

I started watching Vuslat. I'm sat episode 5 but I have skipped a lot of scenes. Feride's character is so boring. So far I haven't warmed up to her. A decent, boring good girl full of respect and love for her father and siblings. The special father/daughter relationship is a cliche. Does she get any interesting, multi-layered later onr?

giphy.gif

QueenLola
Sultan

Post by QueenLola » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Rosamund wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm
I started watching Vuslat. I'm sat episode 5 but I have skipped a lot of scenes. Feride's character is so boring. So far I haven't warmed up to her. A decent, boring good girl full of respect and love for her father and siblings. The special father/daughter relationship is a cliche. Does she get any interesting, multi-layered later onr?
Oh God ... she was so boring and annoying in those early episodes with her "perfect" character and unending tears orageodesespoir .... it gets better though
Her character grows slowly as the story moves along. Somwtimes i wonder if its her changing or the story just evolves

Işık
Verified Member

Post by Işık » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Rosamund wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm
Like you, I remember feeling annoyed by her character in the first episodes but she will eventually grow a backbone. She will also have a fiery enchanting personality and her relationship with Aziz will be healthy and sweet. Their season 1 scenes were out of this world.

I think Feride's characterization in the script was problematic in the first episodes of season 1. It took the author some time to figure her out. And there were episodes toward the end of s2 where I felt her character was faltering.

Feride is not what makes Vuslat so special to me though. I'd say stick with it a little bit. I personally was intrigued enough despite the wobbly start and kept watching and I am glad I did. Vuslat has a very rare feel of the fantastical and a deep pondering on the human nature that I have not found in any other turkish series I watched.

QueenLola
Sultan

Post by QueenLola » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Offtopic: The name of her nemesis in her last project
tlol

Still off topic, but since Devrim doesn't have a thread, a cute post from her heartshower

Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 pm

*in Kerem voice* Zehir Nehir default_moque.gif

Btw from the Vuslat cast I have only seen her and her dizi father now in new projects (her dizi father is Serkans mentor in Yeni hayat).

Işık
Verified Member

Post by Işık » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:29 am

QueenLola wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:04 pm
Offtopic: The name of her nemesis in her last project
tlol
Is this some kind of joke?
I mean they couldn't chopse another name? tsmug

QueenLola
Sultan

Post by QueenLola » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:56 am

Sultan Banu wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 pm
*in Kerem voice* Zehir Nehir default_moque.gif

Btw from the Vuslat cast I have only seen her and her dizi father now in new projects (her dizi father is Serkans mentor in Yeni hayat).
default_moque.gif
Let's see how much Zehir she'll have in Ramo

I'm yet to start YH... I can't wait [default_faim.gif]
Işık wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:29 am

Is this some kind of joke?
I mean they couldn't chopse another name? tsmug
default_moque.gif

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Ended Shows (Single Threads)”