Bir Başkadır

QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

İstanbul municipality trying to shade :giggleey:

And Netflix Türkiye giving it back default_moque.gif
I always enjoy witty responses from Netflix admins globally. It seems it's a requirement to getting the job.

I like this person's response

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

@QueenLola ...
Spoiler:
I agree with what you said about her wanting to wear a head scarf, even she was feeling guilty she wasn't, Hazal's influence on her must have been huge, especially if she was with family in her early years.
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

Joanne wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 am @QueenLola ...
Spoiler:
I agree with what you said about her wanting to wear a head scarf, even she was feeling guilty she wasn't, Hazal's influence on her must have been huge, especially if she was with family in her early years.
Spoiler:
I agree. Plus her needing to keep seeing Meryem even though she was fighting against it.
It looked like she was looking for something else in life other than her monotonous life. As much as she bragged about travelling the world and being exposed, she didn't seem to care much when her mother brought up the memories.
I wish they allowed for more in her story, but at the same time we can make our own inference.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
mili
Valide Sultan

Post by mili »

QueenLola wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:50 am
Spoiler:
I agree. Plus her needing to keep seeing Meryem even though she was fighting against it.
It looked like she was looking for something else in life other than her monotonous life. As much as she bragged about travelling the world and being exposed, she didn't seem to care much when her mother brought up the memories.
I wish they allowed for more in her story, but at the same time we can make our own inference.
Spoiler:
Also we could see that she doesn't have the best relationship with her parents either, specially mother. So it might be that she was brought up by Hazal who took more care of her than her mother. Another unusual scene was when that maid asked if she should change bad sheets in "guest room" and Peri's mom said that's Peri's room and not guests.
So yes, we could have got more about Peri and her life, but even this is just fine
Çukur’dan bir Selim Koçovalı geçti.
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

mili wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:03 am
Spoiler:
Also we could see that she doesn't have the best relationship with her parents either, specially mother. So it might be that she was brought up by Hazal who took more care of her than her mother. Another unusual scene was when that maid asked if she should change bad sheets in "guest room" and Peri's mom said that's Peri's room and not guests.
So yes, we could have got more about Peri and her life, but even this is just fine
Spoiler:
Hazal must have made a big impact growing up

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Spoiler:
There's also a big questionmark over Sinan's head. What this guy's doing for living? From his looks he might be some kind of an artist, maybe a photographer?! I loved the scene when he visits his mom in all her messy home, just like what Sinan's life seems to be but he keeps his home perfectly tidy, not by himself but it looks like what he wants and what he has in real. Alican was also very good in his role.
I do too believe there was a clear hint about Hayrunnisa being a lesbian and her father seems to know or feel more than she believes he does. The scene with his confession to a stranger was brilliant. The man who hears and heals all souls also need someone to listen to him, a human, and not just his God.
The young boy, Ruhiye's son gets his voice back the moment his mother feels free after so many years, was another moving scene!
Actually, I don't think there's any scene that it's not touching in one way or another.
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Nanousso
Verified Member

Post by Nanousso »

Joanne wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:37 am
Nanousso wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:19 pm By the way major question haha:
Spoiler:
Did you understand Peri's obsession for girls wearing the scarf? I didn't get the back story with her former cleaning lady Hazal. Definitely it is related to her but how?
Spoiler:
To me was her mind's fight to be a modern woman while her whole life and attitude was speaking the exact opposite. Even though she was brought up in a family tradition-free seems that the female figure who had influenced her was Hazal and not her mother. Her therapist on the other hand even though she was living in an opposite and problematic environment had succeeded to live a more free life than her. What had me wondering is the fact that none of them was or seemed to be happy with the life they were living and I come to believe that yes, no matter how hard we try, the musts and must not our traditions/religion/society has us in is a burden we hardly get rid of, and it's quite difficult to fit them all in the life we dream to live and in an acceptable way.
PS: Maybe Hazal had a tragic end, prompted by her family and that end had dvastated her.
I loved your analysis ! tdaisy
Past member of the first forum, back in 2011. Maybe you knew me as Nanouss. purpleheart
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

Is he about to do a skit for this too? default_moque.gif

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

:giggleey: he even added Öykü's moles.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

Here's a very interesting analysis...
https://dizilah.com/reviews/bir-baskadi ... aiting-for
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Nanousso
Verified Member

Post by Nanousso »

"The Turkish Netflix series Ethos has been both praised for bridging the divide between Turkey’s feuding segments and disparaged for enforcing them with cliches."

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origin ... ciety.html
Past member of the first forum, back in 2011. Maybe you knew me as Nanouss. purpleheart
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

heartshower

"Ben bir kartalım!"
mili
Valide Sultan

Post by mili »

heartshower heartshower heartshower heartshower
Ne kadar guzel bir kadro! maşallah!
mili
Valide Sultan

Post by mili »

Joanne
Hakim

Post by Joanne »

mili wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:38 am Nice review of the show

https://www.northamericaten.com/bir-bas ... w-netflix/
Very, very interesting! Really enjoyed it! Thanks @mili for sharing.
Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
mili
Valide Sultan

Post by mili »

After huge success and being said as the best Turkish series on Netflix. Netflix has asked for 2nd season!

Eliso
Guru

Post by Eliso »

It's worth it!
It was realistic, raw, true, pointy, heavy, optimistic, all at the same time.
And everyone cast and crew took good care of it.
I'm looking forward to it.
Mazarine Blue
Warrior Princess

Post by Mazarine Blue »

I so loved this show and started it with nearly no recommendation (if not my sister), so was surprised by the good writing
bing watched on the last 24h.
acting was perfect and I couldn't expect less from this cast. Happy that Netflix Turkey is giving the good actors this space to meet their audience, far from the ratings chaos. I am thinking of Alican , for whom the ratings (and maybe the dizis he selected) have been unfair those last years. Oyku's fans should also be happy as this show, showed her potential better than what tv dizis could have done
and the same goes with Fatih, funda, Defne, bige , who despite being on tv those last years, didn''t have the same kind of "deep" characters that explore their acting talent, so again, iyi ki Netflix
I am not including Tulin, who is, among this cast, nearly the only one who's been already showcasing her talents since Masum, UTC and Kirmizi Oda, again a very good actress and very smart choices she made
thanks a lot everyone for the 3 reviews you posted, it was nice to read it and recognize some of what I've thought/felt while watching

and just as an answer to the recurrent question of Sinan job, I think what's good in internet dizis (and in movies, especially indie movies), is that the writer won't give unnecessary information if he believes it will make a prejudice in the viewers opinion. And I think, that's the reason we never know of Sinan job, as we also never see Hazal, or Gulben entire back story or Peri avukat date. If we were in a classical dizi, we would have been shown all these details since we are supposed to "live" with the characters and not only see a side of their lives.

I have a question : what was meant by Gulbin and Gulan lines about "the ones who kicked our mother's belly, back in the days" ? does she mean the hodjas and the ones who give traditional medicine ? what does it have to do with their kurdish origin ? something like those religious people despised kurdish and tried to sabotage their pregnancies/treated them with violence are now controlling Gulan mind ?
a second question : who threw the rock on Yasin house's window ? was it really someone who mistaken their house for another ?
question 3 : did Ruhiye friend (the one who apparently got also raped) married the rapist ? (making reference to the scene where Ruhiye goes to tell her she's leaving, and she discovers the rapist is at that home)
and to conclude, a tweet I liked
-- Devir teknoloji devri görüntülü ararsin mesajlaşmalar falan ... neyimize yetmeyecek ?
-- Yeter tabi ... yetmez mi ?
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

Mazarine Blue wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:57 pm
I have a question : what was meant by Gulbin and Gulan lines about "the ones who kicked our mother's belly, back in the days" ? does she mean the hodjas and the ones who give traditional medicine ? what does it have to do with their kurdish origin ? something like those religious people despised kurdish and tried to sabotage their pregnancies/treated them with violence are now controlling Gulan mind ?
a second question : who threw the rock on Yasin house's window ? was it really someone who mistaken their house for another ?
question 3 : did Ruhiye friend (the one who apparently got also raped) married the rapist ? (making reference to the scene where Ruhiye goes to tell her she's leaving, and she discovers the rapist is at that home)
and to conclude, a tweet I liked
1. I also think it was a hoca who kicked their mothers belly. But as with other things not elaborated, we may find out only if it goes on to season 2.

2. It was the girl.... I forgot her name now.... Hayrunnisa's friend. It was sort of payback for how she was roughly kicked out of the nightclub.

3. Yes she did and they have a family together. When he was begging her to shoot him he mentioned how his disgrace also tainted his daughter.

"Ben bir kartalım!"

Return to “Miscellaneous Ended Shows (Single Threads)”