Seviyor Sevmiyor

QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

10 hours ago, meNadia said:

Hey you are doing good without translations, 

I am about to start 8th,    @Def Leppard  waiting for your review 

I'm getting by. I can get the general gist of what's going on, but sometimes especially when the conversations are longer, its not so clearly detailed....sometimes I can get to understand in later scenes what they meant though.

Hadi @Def Leppard I know you're busy, but you can do it.

What of @mili? you still watching

"Ben bir kartalım!"
DefLeppard
Warrior Princess

Post by DefLeppard »

A little OCD of me wants write review for #5, before moving to 6!! 

Will type out a short review tonight and resume with 6....:)
mili
Kraliçe

Post by mili »

10 minutes ago, QueenLola said:

What of @mili? you still watching

I realised it's really not my cup of tea and l don't know why but it's weird for me to see Gokhan not as AA,stupid ama that's the case , so l didn't stop it but slowed the pace, l am at episode 8. And also lately l don't have much free time so just following those l watch on regular basis, l have a plan to start many just can't find time
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

7 minutes ago, mili said:

I realised it's really not my cup of tea and l don't know why but it's weird for me to see Gokhan not as AA,stupid ama that's the case , so l didn't stop it but slowed the pace, l am at episode 8. And also lately l don't have much free time so just following those l watch on regular basis, l have a plan to start many just can't find time

Yeah, he's not AA, but I'm enjoying him and the other characters so much as well. Everyone is giving me a little something whether I love or hate them. Funny thing is when I watched episode 1 and 2, I wasn't so taken in by scattered Deniz, but I love the laughs generally.

Plus I want to finish watching it before I focus on Adi Zehra...I don't want to watch at the same time and confuse characters, because Zeynep in AZ is a totally different person from Deniz Aslan. I already watched episode 1 of 8 gun, but I'm glad Yigit (Tuna) isn't so pronounced there yet....I want to finish enjoying Tuna before I'm ready for Ahmet.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Joanne
Hatun

Post by Joanne »

I really, really loved Tuna, and you just have to be a little patient to see how the character develops!

Deniz Aslan and Zehra/Hande are two totally different characters, that's true. But I liked Deniz so very much, especially after the first episodes. I think, I like all characters carrying the Aslan name after all.....anyways!

As for SS Yigit, or KA Ali Asaf or whatever next name will be.....

Yigit coming out of the waters.....priceless!

Shocked  Yigit and Tuna ...twice priceless!

Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

Can I join you guys?

I'm on 9 atm and I'm quite liking it so far  It can get a little much sometimes but then it throws me a genuinely heartfelt moment and reels me back in again

Can I just start off by saying that Gokhan has some truly spectacular dimples, mashaAllah!

Ahem, moving on. I feel bad for Yigit, he has this mean, cool exterior but really he's clearly a little broken and needs to find that love from (the real) Deniz to help him heal. It's sad how he's all gorgeous and successful from the outside, but inside is still very much stuck in the past. All he talks and thinks and connects with is his childhood with Deniz. it's like time stopped there with his emotional development and he can't let go of any tiny thing related to her. Deniz loved him but clearly moved on with her life (not for the better, but neyse) but he's still holding on to every memory like it's sacred. I can't wait to see the real extent of his brokenness in later episodes 

Tunaaaa! How adorable is this dude, ya! I totally wanted him and Irem to get together, they had a really nice chemistry... before Irem became this selfish person that she is, that is. Speaking of Irem;

Spoiler

How is she in love with Yigit enough to sell out her best friend? Like, what does she even know about him, really? When did this supposed aşk even happen? I get him wanted to marry her; he thinks this is just a continuation with a person he already knows, but Irem? Wth?! She clearly is projecting her desire of being loved and wanted onto Yigit, she loves the way he loves, not Yigit himself. I hate to sound like a typical Psychologist, but daddy issues. Big time.

I really like their friendship and wish that they didn't ruin it over this situation. Why can't we see supportive female friendships that don't turn sour over a guy for once?
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Can I join you guys?

I'm on 9 atm and I'm quite liking it so far  It can get a little much sometimes but then it throws me a genuinely heartfelt moment and reels me back in again

Can I just start off by saying that Gokhan has some truly spectacular dimples, mashaAllah!

Ahem, moving on. I feel bad for Yigit, he has this mean, cool exterior but really he's clearly a little broken and needs to find that love from (the real) Deniz to help him heal. It's sad how he's all gorgeous and successful from the outside, but inside is still very much stuck in the past. All he talks and thinks and connects with is his childhood with Deniz. it's like time stopped there with his emotional development and he can't let go of any tiny thing related to her. Deniz loved him but clearly moved on with her life (not for the better, but neyse) but he's still holding on to every memory like it's sacred. I can't wait to see the real extent of his brokenness in later episodes 

Tunaaaa! How adorable is this dude, ya! I totally wanted him and Irem to get together, they had a really nice chemistry... before Irem became this selfish person that she is, that is. Speaking of Irem;

Reveal hidden contents

How is she in love with Yigit enough to sell out her best friend? Like, what does she even know about him, really? When did this supposed aşk even happen? I get him wanted to marry her; he thinks this is just a continuation with a person he already knows, but Irem? Wth?! She clearly is projecting her desire of being loved and wanted onto Yigit, she loves the way he loves, not Yigit himself. I hate to sound like a typical Psychologist, but daddy issues. Big time.

I really like their friendship and wish that they didn't ruin it over this situation. Why can't we see supportive female friendships that don't turn sour over a guy for once?

Yaaayyy!!! Another addition to the team 

I really love this show too. And I can't agree more with what you said about Yigit. He's still stuck in the past. He has a serious complex, and it showed in his work ethics by being so harsh. He was this kid that was usually picked on, then having this popular and pretty girl have his back all through it was enough for her to become his anchor. He keeps calling her his kahraman even till now. It bugs me how far Deniz was willing to take the game without considering what Yigit would feel in the long run. 

Irem

Spoiler

Irem is who they were referring too when they were describing scum of the earth  her manipulating everyone is even worse that Deniz's lie in my opinion. Her self-pity and daddy issues are alienating her from her close ones. I loved her friendship with Deniz, but unconsciously she's made Tuna Deniz's new zuzu.

Tuna is just  who could ask for a better friend. He has gone through so much, you just want to give him a big hug.

@Def Leppard how far have you gone? There's a long weekend coming from tomorrow, so I should finish the series by then. I'll be going back to join you guys discussions and review though.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
DefLeppard
Warrior Princess

Post by DefLeppard »

@QueenLola No progress at all!!

Yup waiting for long weekend to a good coverage...double digit at least ;-)
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

8 hours ago, QueenLola said:

Yaaayyy!!! Another addition to the team 

I really love this show too. And I can't agree more with what you said about Yigit. He's still stuck in the past. He has a serious complex, and it showed in his work ethics by being so harsh. He was this kid that was usually picked on, then having this popular and pretty girl have his back all through it was enough for her to become his anchor. He keeps calling her his kahraman even till now. It bugs me how far Deniz was willing to take the game without considering what Yigit would feel in the long run. 

Irem

Reveal hidden contents

Irem is who they were referring too when they were describing scum of the earth  her manipulating everyone is even worse that Deniz's lie in my opinion. Her self-pity and daddy issues are alienating her from her close ones. I loved her friendship with Deniz, but unconsciously she's made Tuna Deniz's new zuzu.

Tuna is just  who could ask for a better friend. He has gone through so much, you just want to give him a big hug.

@Def Leppard how far have you gone? There's a long weekend coming from tomorrow, so I should finish the series by then. I'll be going back to join you guys discussions and review though.

Very true, although that doesn't justify his behaviour in any way - childhood difficulties are not an excuse for crappy behaviour. Ever. ?

Plus to be fair to Deniz, she couldn't have known all of this at the start, could she? We're shown what he's really like but that's not how he treats her, is it? He pretty harsh and critical with her. Although now that she knows him a little better she should explain (although she did try, she just trusted the wrong person - Allah belani versin Ireeeem!)  

She's so silly to think he wouldn't be friends with her now, she started this whole issue. Ah, Deniz, ah. 

Yigit does hold Deniz to a pretty high standard though, he even told Deniz that she doesn't deserve the name so I wonder if its ultimately better this way. How accepting would he have been of Deniz before he got to know her properly? Wouldnt he secretly be a little disappointed based on how he judges things? At least he gets to know Deniz properly without the weight of her being 'the Deniz' like this.

I love how she's the only one that can call him out when he's being crappy. I have a feeling he'll fall for her before he finds out she's the real Deniz anyway  

Where are you guys at? @Def Leppard @QueenLola and anyone else watching? ❤
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Very true, although that doesn't justify his behaviour in any way - childhood difficulties are not an excuse for crappy behaviour. Ever. ?

Plus to be fair to Deniz, she couldn't have known all of this at the start, could she? We're shown what he's really like but that's not how he treats her, is it? He pretty harsh and critical with her. Although now that she knows him a little better she should explain (although she did try, she just trusted the wrong person - Allah belani versin Ireeeem!)  

She's so silly to think he wouldn't be friends with her now, she started this whole issue. Ah, Deniz, ah. 

Yigit does hold Deniz to a pretty high standard though, he even told Deniz that she doesn't deserve the name so I wonder if its ultimately better this way. How accepting would he have been of Deniz before he got to know her properly? Wouldnt he secretly be a little disappointed based on how he judges things? At least he gets to know Deniz properly without the weight of her being 'the Deniz' like this.

I love how she's the only one that can call him out when he's being crappy. I have a feeling he'll fall for her before he finds out she's the real Deniz anyway  

Where are you guys at? @Def Leppard @QueenLola and anyone else watching? ❤

I have episode 22 next to watch

"Ben bir kartalım!"
DefLeppard
Warrior Princess

Post by DefLeppard »

20 hours ago, Phoenix said:

There is a doob ke mar jana place too!

Make Kalp Atisi your next watch.
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

2 hours ago, Def Leppard said:

There is a doob ke mar jana place too!

Make Kalp Atisi your next watch.

Main doobne ke liye tayyar hoon 

The whole teacher/student love squicked me out a little, but now that I've been introduced to Gokhan, I might give it a go 

10 hours ago, QueenLola said:

I have episode 22 next to watch

Yikes! I have some catching up to do
meNadia
Stajyer

Post by meNadia »

@Phoenix    

Catching up little,
Hmm.... Yigit is not AA, ofcourse he is not, one is more of an angel and one is more of a human with all humanly traits.......Mcdreamy and Mcsteamy... it does not seem the right impressions but anyway. I had seen a few episodes of SS around early episodes of KA and I loved and admired Gokhan for playing Yigit. Imo Yigit was a much more demanding character comparing to AA.
AT episode 9, So far I am enjoying the story and character development, as for Yigit, from total annoyance and irritation he has come to respect and care towards Deniz, whats next....

All four main characters show how much important childhood is, As we are all products of our childhood, our emotional stability come from there that lead to the choices we make.

One part of Yigit is still hurt because of his parents and stuck in his childhood, Irem has some parent/daddy issue from young age, Tuna has no home/family, all three had an emotional void at some point in their young age, all three carry a certain pain with them of not being loved whereas Deniz is totally a different story, maybe she was over protected or over pampered which made her the way she is now.

Btw, some scenes and music reminded me of KA. 

Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

On 31/03/2018 at 12:20 AM, meNadia said:

All four main characters show how much important childhood is, As we are all products of our childhood, our emotional stability come from there that lead to the choices we make.

One part of Yigit is still hurt because of his parents and stuck in his childhood, Irem has some parent/daddy issue from young age, Tuna has no home/family, all three had an emotional void at some point in their young age, all three carry a certain pain with them of not being loved whereas Deniz is totally a different story, maybe she was over protected or over pampered which made her the way she is now.

This!

With Deniz, I feel like she never has that void she needed to fill in order to feel complete, instead, she walked around being the Kahraman to those who needed a little more love. The problem is, she never learned that it's not her responsibility to make everyone happy. So she keeps being irritatingly self-sacrificial for people, namely the undeserving, manipulative Irem

*Spoilers ahead*

I'm at 15 and I really don't understand this situation with Irem though, at this point it's clear to everyone that Yigit loves Deniz and Deniz loves Yigit. They even kissed! There's no doubt in anyone's mind. So why is this whole thing still going on? 
Joanne
Hatun

Post by Joanne »

@Phoenix I would tell you not to skip episodes because there is something interesting in all episodes to watch.

Spoiler

#15 and that park scene along with that song will always break my heart!

Unutamadim...  🖤                                          
DefLeppard
Warrior Princess

Post by DefLeppard »

Episode 5 – Puzzle Muzzle

The wall hanging transports Zuzu and Yigit back in time for comforts only for a blood stain to prove that it hurts. 
Zuzu almost gets kicked out of the service apartment, when she realizes her missing pair. Isn’t she mis-matched always?  Hmmm

Zuzu still under the spell of the puzzle, further enquiries about Yigit and Irem conveniently lies to her muzzle !
So did Yigit mom die in a car crash and this is the root cause of his  mysterious behavior?

Denise family is introduced by a Sunday bruch and don’t you think her daddy should get some toupee tips from Asena? ROFL
Missing puzzle is found in her attic of memories and she carefully carries it back with her.
When did Buket convert the restaurant into call centre…..Sunday is a working day. ;-)

Stajyer enters the den and roars like lion….well isn’t  a wild cat also in the same family? LOL
Dancing with mannequin, aping her khadoos (rude/snobbish) boss  was pure wickedness until Yigit returns.
Rest of the scenes when the hiding Zuzu meets the pre-occupied YIgit…was yee..yaa…yee.yaaa….ohhhh. Zeynep has great talent and its very tough monologue and yet get comic.*hats-off*

Tuna meets Zuzu at their fav.food cart and apologizes for missing the date. Tuna gives her a lesson or two on being faithful (on time) – like a dog? ?

Denise- Yigit gymnastics continues with more courtesy – say lies and likes.
Gazi spots Yigit’s personal life which is just enough fodder for office gossip.

Yigit screams his lungs, best places could be a bathroom (we don’t mind ;-) ) or a karaoke bar.

If Irem realizes herself slipping into Yigit's charm, why doesn’t she confess with Zuzu?
They say when rains, it pours....and then it attacks in Yigit’s world.!! I just love those scenes, when Yigit freezes to timeline to realize all his childhood habits.

Tuna believes Mozart is the answer to all Irem hanim's rants who finally says sorry of the symphony. Ha!

Next day at sanctorum, Yigit starts to connect the possible events….nah..he brushes them as just a coincidence. How could a jhalli ( clutzy) girl be his hero?
Zuzu realizes that her puzzle piece is missing and begins a frantic search – I don’t think words do justice to these scenes. 
Firstly, she drops the pen stand with elan to find the puzzle. Brains!
Then Nisan mistakes it for a bug, and then it becomes a football and finally reaches the goal post.
She wants to polish his shoes...Tuna wants to fan her anxiety...and then an impromptu Flamenco to divert Flamingo Yigit. ROFL

Vay bey! Tuna finds the puzzle almost solved when he realizes that Deniz and Yigit had a past. Denise is Yigit’s  Arkadask and Kahrahman. Well Zuzu is such a kid at heart that she would tell her story with God promise??
Zuzu becomes the stupid cupid, when she realizes Gazi’s affections for Nisan and Buket continues her chances with Cemal to assume him to be the heir?

Irem choice of her date/partner is as fuzzed as her choice of shoes.  Yigit gets closer to Cemal to understand his team better.
Gazi spills the news of Yigit’s date details, Zuzu is upset to realize that it could be her bestie Irem doing much harm.

Yigit shares his concerns for a wounded finger. Its  Sparkage to bring enough voltage for an “annoying” memories of Denise.
Irem begins her chapter of karma cleansing to call for a dinner to announce a just found fiancée. 

Rains, fuzzy thoughts of Denise and accident of losing his mother brings muzzle of the firearm called PAST. Yigit experiences a break down just like a vehicle in a rough weather. Zuzu does “tow Yigit” job very well.
Denise appears like an angel in service to heal with out a healer to make (read as chorba) while Zuzu realizes to bring medicines.

The camera in dividing door is the cliffhanger ending. Am sure that the besties would not meet up and there would be more convolutions before the characters sink deeper to solve the puzzle. 

Couldn’t resist to mention Zeynep’s flawless acting for those comic scenes and hint of pain in those scenes. Gokhan invoked the right amount of pain, feebleness  and emotional dependency on Denise during the rain scene. Didn’t you want to hug him to reassure him “everything will be alright”. Me yeah…you too?

PS: Yigit sending out the belle shoe as bait…priceless.
Earrings of those female staff- question mark, asterisk…and what not!!

QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

I finished this....

"Ben bir kartalım!"
mili
Kraliçe

Post by mili »

2 hours ago, QueenLola said:

I finished this....

Congrats!      

Spoiler

Can you tell me why Tuna and Irem are not together at the end? l've seen this long time ago and was bit dissapointed , so also one of the reasons l took a step backwards when it comes to this show

QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

17 minutes ago, mili said:

Congrats!      

Reveal hidden contents

Can you tell me why Tuna and Irem are not together at the end? l've seen this long time ago and was bit dissapointed , so also one of the reasons l took a step backwards when it comes to this show

Spoiler

You'll need to follow Irem's character progress or I'll say regress. She didn't turn out to be the best zuzu after all. The Deniz-Yigit-Irem-Tuna story was a roller coaster. It got exhausting too especially as they dragged it for too long in the later episodes. There was a stage I didn't even want anyone with the other again.

But generally, the whole show was good no doubt.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

On 01/04/2018 at 6:25 AM, etme said:

@Phoenix I would tell you not to skip episodes because there is something interesting in all episodes to watch.

Reveal hidden contents

#15 and that park scene along with that song will always break my heart!

Not skip entirely, just skip the unnecessary stuff (mostly Irem) 

Ayyy, that was so beautiful!

11 hours ago, QueenLola said:

I finished this....

Yaay! I've been having insomnia lately so I've been binge watching and I just finished 23. I'll be with you soon at this rate

I've been doing well without subs but could someone translate Tuna and Deniz's scene about the park in ep 23 pretty please? I got the gist but the words were unfamiliar and it felt like a poetic dialogue.

*Spoilers ahead*

I'm so glad Deniz the one to admit to everyone about her lie. This went on too long and I'm glad Deniz had the courage to say the truth in the end, even when knowing she'd lose Yigit. Nihayet kiz! Afferin

Loved the scene at the bus stop in 22 when they actually talk, finally yaaa! 

Now for 23; Tunaaaaaa! Ah, canim benim, ah! 

Yigit and Deniz were adorable in those scenes where they decided to just have a day of being together instead of facing their realities, bless! Yigit was trying to fulfill all his childhood wishes with those cliche cinema hand holding attempts 

Poor Yigit, he finally finds some family and they turn out to be crappy too. All because of that Teoman urgh

Irem is really iğrenç, there's no other word for her! What a disgusting piece of work I thought that losing her memory in ep 17 would do her a world of good and make her realise how manipulative and disgusting her behavior is, ama yok. She's right back to her usual self. I thought she was upset at her own behavior when she remembered the boat but nope she calls up Denis crying saying "Yigit never loved me, he loves you". Seriously, that's your issue?! And Deniz has to go and comfort her? How selfish can someone be?!

I like that Yigit called her out properly when she went to his house at night in ep 23 and had a temper tantrum. It wasn't for honestly, it was to hurt Deniz. And all of this was Irem's attempt to take over Deniz's life. Well said Yigit, she deserved those harsh words thrown in her face. Urgh.

Onto more Tuna heart-break with 24...

meNadia
Stajyer

Post by meNadia »

I am so depressed, It was a lovely day, everything was in control but then It dawned at me that its Dizi time which sort of made me dizzy. It all started with me watching Agha of Şahsiyet  handling a nicely wrapped up body in a cling wrap from head to toe (just a trailer)  and I thought he will forget this eventually but am I going to forget this? .....
Then it was 'DIP bolum 3' time and all I can say that I am going to pretend that I have not seen the last scene  

SS is my only saviour these days where one could laugh so I am taking this slowly.  

Episode 9 to 13, 
So far, what a roller-coaster it was, as @QueenLola said,    Love, friendship, loyalty and deceit and emotions and yet this is a comedy dizi. I enjoyed so much.  
Zeynep Camci is such a fine actress with perfect timing and her hold on her voice and body control is amazing. Deniz is evolved or reaveled so much in these episodes, Clumsy girl is a clumsy girl with diferent layers and something she does with her eyes which I could name as 'Squint Effect' which is hilarious. And then there are crispy fantasies of her which ends up in interesting ways.
Strange character she is, Deniz, who sacrifices and crosses every limit for her best friend, who feels guilty for saying no to Tuna, who advises words full of wisdom to Yigit, who is generally a kind-hearted person and yet same Deniz does not realize or feel guilty of what she is doing to Yigit. When Yigit had that melt-down in Episode 11, I thought this will make Deniz realise the importance of her in Yigit's life but nope  This is for not taking good care of Yigit.
At one point I thought Tuna will keep the balance of universe by taking matters in his hands but then he kept his silence and became a silent partner in crime which I was not expecting from him but then he helps Deniz to stay above the water in these situations, could not figure out which is a more reasonable answer if he is just helping his friend or is he fighting his own case or is he doing both? 

Bar scenes, songs, Yigit+Tuna, Yigit+Deniz , Tuna+Deniz, Deniz's fantasy world and Gokhan's emotional acting which made me cry are all superb as for Irem and her idea that one day Yigit will love her as Irem 
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

I finished too! 

About the finale, I'm not too sure what to say... There were bits I loved and bits I didn't so, in no particular order, here they are, I guess:

Spoiler

The Good:

Not the finale per say, but Deniz repeatedly telling Yigit she was not giving up on him. He needed to hear that and the scene with the pictures was so lovely

Yigit's reaction when Deniz was shouting that she knew the truth at him was so heart-breaking, the poor thing broke inside - so well done!

I liked the scene where Deniz runs to makes peace with Irem, it was very well acted and emotional (I wish it didn't happen but neyse)

Pregnant Deniz waddling in and declaring that they need to stop the wedding

All of the Deniz/Yigit scenes on his last day before the operation were so lovely! Full of love, with a touch of heartbreak. Appreciating every second together, supporting each other and keeping each other strong  I wish we got those over several episodes too

Zuzuzim zuzular  oldu

Twins!

Called Gokhan and Zeynep! I love it!

Yigit got his happy ending  His face at the end is just

The Bad:

I wished that Deniz had found out earlier and supported Yigit throughout. He didn't deserve to go through that alone and Deniz has never really supported and prioritised Yigit properly, so this would have been a good time to show us that he ultimately does come first

I thought that Irem would begin to redeem herself by refusing Yigit's offer and doing right by Deniz and telling her - officially ending her playing game after game in their story, but nope. Even though she knows why Yigit is doing it, she has the audacity to suggest that they make the game real. Bu ne ya?! The man is dying and she's still trying to get her claws in 

Although I liked the Deniz/Iğrenç scene, I still don't think iğrenç deserved it though. She went way beyond the place where her actions can be forgiven. She stabbed the friend who supported and sacrificed everything for her repeatedly in the back and didn't even apologise once. Even in that scene, I don't recall an apology. I wish they had just cut her out of Deniz's life, she's not worth it and doesn't deserve to be in it

I get what they were going for with the 8 months later and no Yigit in sight to scare us and it worked, I was so worried about him!

Where on Earth were Tarik and Simya's mum? How would they miss her wedding?! Also Deniz's parents. Regardless of the Yigit situation, they'd all be expected to be there so I don't get why they weren't included

The Yiden wedding - Oh I love that they got married, but they could've done it so much better, They have the dress and the house and loved ones who will come at short notice. Setting everything up only would've taken 2 hours but would've been a proper wedding at least, they both deserved a proper one

The bittersweet Tuna ending, I really wished he could've moved on emotionally and fallen fully in love again. He deserved to have it all, not a second choice with Deniz still constantly around as a painful reminder. I loved Simya and they fit so well, he could've been incandescently happy and he deserved to be

QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I finished too! 

About the finale, I'm not too sure what to say... There were bits I loved and bits I didn't so, in no particular order, here they are, I guess:

Deniz caused so much pain and heartbreak to many people around her, even to her parents in their own way. She could have done so many things differently, but was too busy trying to satisfy everyone at the same time and barely giving enough time to Yigit IMO.

I wished they'd had more sweet lie/revenge free moments before it ended. No matter how much they loved each other, the times when there was always something negative hanging in the air never felt complete for me.

To your quoted list, my responses in bold 

Spoiler

The Good:

Not the finale per say, but Deniz repeatedly telling Yigit she was not giving up on him. He needed to hear that and the scene with the pictures was so lovely 

Yigit's reaction when Deniz was shouting that she knew the truth at him was so heart-breaking, the poor thing broke inside - so well done! 

I liked the scene where Deniz runs to makes peace with Irem, it was very well acted and emotional (I wish it didn't happen but neyse) Me too. I wish they didn't give Irem a redemption like that, it was too easy. 

All of the Deniz/Yigit scenes on his last day before the operation were so lovely! Full of love, with a touch of heartbreak. Appreciating every second together, supporting each other and keeping each other strong 

Zuzuzim zuzular  oldu

Twins! 

Yigit got his happy ending  His face at the end is just 

The Bad:

I wished that Deniz had found out earlier and supported Yigit throughout. He didn't deserve to go through that alone and Deniz has never really supported and prioritised Yigit properly, so this would have been a good time to show us that he ultimately does come first. If I want to extend this to a real life scenario, who says she won't make Irem or Tuna her priority in the future if they face a crisis. Deniz just jumps on the closest available 'victim' and twists herself to appease them. Hopefully she won't ignore Yigit if something like that happens in future.

I thought that Irem would begin to redeem herself by refusing Yigit's offer and doing right by Deniz and telling her - officially ending her playing game after game in their story, but nope. Even though she knows why Yigit is doing it, she has the audacity to suggest that they make the game real. Bu ne ya?! The man is dying and she's still trying to get her claws in  This girl deliberately manipulated everyone close to her and still got off scot free. She should have been the one to have mental problems not Tuna, so she could go for proper treatment. I may have missed it, but did anyone find out her suicide attempt was fake?

Although I liked the Deniz/Iğrenç scene, I still don't think iğrenç deserved it though. She went way beyond the place where her actions can be forgiven. She stabbed the friend who supported and sacrificed everything for her repeatedly in the back and didn't even apologise once. Even in that scene, I don't recall an apology. I wish they had just cut her out of Deniz's life, she's not worth it and doesn't deserve to be in it 

I get what they were going for with the 8 months later and no Yigit in sight to scare us and it worked, I was so worried about him!

Where on Earth were Tarik and Simya's mum? How would they miss her wedding?! Also Deniz's parents. Regardless of the Yigit situation, they'd all be expected to be there so I don't get why they weren't included 

The Yiden wedding - Oh I love that they got married, but they could've done it so much better, They have the dress and the house and loved ones who will come at short notice. Setting everything up only would've taken 2 hours but would've been a proper wedding at least, they both deserved a proper one 

The bittersweet Tuna ending, I really wished he could've moved on emotionally and fallen fully in love again. He deserved to have it all, not a second choice with Deniz still constantly around as a painful reminder. I loved Simya and they fit so well, he could've been incandescently happy and he deserved to be  Just like with Irem, I wish in a real life extension, that he's really over Deniz. 

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

15 hours ago, QueenLola said:

Deniz caused so much pain and heartbreak to many people around her, even to her parents in their own way. She could have done so many things differently, but was too busy trying to satisfy everyone at the same time and barely giving enough time to Yigit IMO.

I wished they'd had more sweet lie/revenge free moments before it ended. No matter how much they loved each other, the times when there was always something negative hanging in the air never felt complete for me.

To your quoted list, my responses in bold 

Reveal hidden contents

The Good:

I liked the scene where Deniz runs to makes peace with Irem, it was very well acted and emotional (I wish it didn't happen but neyse) Me too. I wish they didn't give Irem a redemption like that, it was too easy. 

All of the Deniz/Yigit scenes on his last day before the operation were so lovely! Full of love, with a touch of heartbreak. Appreciating every second together, supporting each other and keeping each other strong 

Zuzuzim zuzular  oldu

Twins! 

Yigit got his happy ending  His face at the end is just 

The Bad:

I wished that Deniz had found out earlier and supported Yigit throughout. He didn't deserve to go through that alone and Deniz has never really supported and prioritised Yigit properly, so this would have been a good time to show us that he ultimately does come first. If I want to extend this to a real life scenario, who says she won't make Irem or Tuna her priority in the future if they face a crisis. Deniz just jumps on the closest available 'victim' and twists herself to appease them. Hopefully she won't ignore Yigit if something like that happens in future.

I thought that Irem would begin to redeem herself by refusing Yigit's offer and doing right by Deniz and telling her - officially ending her playing game after game in their story, but nope. Even though she knows why Yigit is doing it, she has the audacity to suggest that they make the game real. Bu ne ya?! The man is dying and she's still trying to get her claws in  This girl deliberately manipulated everyone close to her and still got off scot free. She should have been the one to have mental problems not Tuna, so she could go for proper treatment. I may have missed it, but did anyone find out her suicide attempt was fake?

The bittersweet Tuna ending, I really wished he could've moved on emotionally and fallen fully in love again. He deserved to have it all, not a second choice with Deniz still constantly around as a painful reminder. I loved Simya and they fit so well, he could've been incandescently happy and he deserved to be  Just like with Irem, I wish in a real life extension, that he's really over Deniz. 

Totally agree with both of your points, exactly! 

To your bolded points:

Spoiler

So heartbreaking, he literally collapsed from the weight of it all 

If I want to extend this to a real life scenario, who says she won't make Irem or Tuna her priority in the future if they face a crisis. Deniz just jumps on the closest available 'victim' and twists herself to appease them. Hopefully she won't ignore Yigit if something like that happens in future. She'll at least drag Yigit along with her

This girl deliberately manipulated everyone close to her and still got off scot free. She should have been the one to have mental problems not Tuna, so she could go for proper treatment. I may have missed it, but did anyone find out her suicide attempt was fake? Omg, no! How did they not address that?! I hate that she got away with everything she did and got a redemption at the end of it all too. How would you even trust someone like that around? Next thing you know she gets dumped or gets jealous and tries to ruin thier relationship again. Yigit gathered her and Tuna and told them that no matter what happened between them all they're still Deniz's closest friends and he needs their help. Tuna, who had every reason to agree since he'd be getting Deniz (especially since it was presumed that Yigit would die so there'd be no real thing stopping them) refused and told Deniz the truth.  Iğrenç? She's like yep sure, hey let's get together for real dying guy and have no respect at all for your situation

I kind of liked that they were alone...people around them always bring drama 

Just like with Irem, I wish in a real life extension, that he's really over Deniz. He really deserved it way more than Irem ever deseerved to move on. Maybe with a little more time, he realises how perfect for him Simya really is and Deniz becomes nothing more than a dear friend 

Angel

Post by Angel »

re-watching some of my favorite scenes.
DefLeppard
Warrior Princess

Post by DefLeppard »

Girls, @Vidya finally found subtitles for this drama. Dialogues are key characterizations and wouldn't miss them!!

Pls PM in case you need those links.
meNadia
Stajyer

Post by meNadia »

1 hour ago, Def Leppard said:

Girls, @Vidya finally found subtitles for this drama. Dialogues are key characterizations and wouldn't miss them!!

Pls PM in case you need those links.

Lovely, since I am stuck at ep:14 and I wanted to understand their every word, specially Tuna's  
Samiramis
Warrior Princess

Post by Samiramis »

17 hours ago, Angel. said:

re-watching some of my favorite scenes.

The imaginary fight scene between Yigit and Tuna that happens after this scene is so funny  
Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.
Angel

Post by Angel »

7 minutes ago, Samiramis said:

The imaginary fight scene between Yigit and Tuna that happens after this scene is so funny  

Uf, it was! They had such amazing chemistry.   

Their actual fight scene is one of my favorite scenes on the show.  
DefLeppard
Warrior Princess

Post by DefLeppard »

15 hours ago, meNadia said:

Lovely, since I am stuck at ep:14 and I wanted to understand their every word, specially Tuna's  

Can you please share the links to @Angel., @Joanne. Running late by 24 hrs to check respond to PMs :(( 

Return to “Miscellaneous Ended Shows (Single Threads)”