Uyanış: Büyük Selçuklu

UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

The episode was fantastic. Serder bey heartshower Meliksah didn't hug Sencer smileys/default_crysmiley1 Tursen kissed wetkiss :bbeatingheart: batini sencer is also back swoon2 I am overwhelmed with two back to back amazing episodes!!
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 am The episode was fantastic. Serder bey heartshower Meliksah didn't hug Sencer smileys/default_crysmiley1 Tursen kissed wetkiss :bbeatingheart: batini sencer is also back swoon2 I am overwhelmed with two back to back amazing episodes!!
Yaaa kız it was really a fantastic episode. They are spoiling us with pure goodness. I don't know what happened but it's like they are not the same writers anymore.
This episode was very emotional and frankly very exhausting (in a good way). There were Zero filler scenes and it felt like the longest Uyanış episode I have ever watched.
That Tursen kiss came out of nowhere :P and I was on cloud nine.. My heart skipped a beat..
They are so perfect together yaaa swoon2
Turna was so supportive of him. Kıyamam sana Turnam hrtbreaking
Batini Sencer took me by surprise. I don't know how he manages to look so different in civil clothes and with his hair down. And somehow the heavy kohl does suit that outfit very well. Also this episode's civil outfit was an upgrade compared to what he used to wear back when he was fakir Sencer going in undercover batini missions.
The ending was top notch. Let's see how they will take it from there. They haven't posted any fragmans or scenes. I wonder if they had to change things in the script or if it's simply because they had to shut the set and they are late (even if we didn't know they shut the set).
In any case, they have the possibility to give Ekin a time off with that ending. It gives them a leeway.
Hace broke my heart. The way everyone treated my poor ihtiyar. This episode finally convinced me that he was 100% right in what he did. The royal family is a pit of hungry wolves.
I don't know how people received what Melikşah did this episode. I did not have the time to check. But in my humble opinion, he was the biggest drama queen. He acted exactly like Tapar although he should be more experienced. I expected a more serene type of rage with less self pity. That's my raw unfiltered impression anyway. A normal person would be even more dramatic I guess but this is the great Melikşah we're talking about and he annoyed me to no end. Thank God we have our queen Zubeida. Best queen ever!
Also how low can a person go exactly Terken hatun? I hate this woman with a vehemence. Even Mah Malik was surprised by her behavior. The conniving snake.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 pm I don't know how people received what Melikşah did this episode. I did not have the time to check. But in my humble opinion, he was the biggest drama queen. He acted exactly like Tapar although he should be more experienced. I expected a more serene type of rage with less self pity. That's my raw unfiltered impression anyway. A normal person would be even more dramatic I guess but this is the great Melikşah we're talking about and he annoyed me to no end. Thank God we have our queen Zubeida. Best queen ever!
I think people felt sad for Meliksah but angry at his behaviour towards Sencer.
I am pretty annoyed at the way Meliksah behaved with Sencer throughout the episode. He didn't even break when Sencer told him he is used to being an orphan. Remember when hace told Sencer that Zubeyde knows about his secret, he was so hopeful that it would be revealed to the Sultan. He has been dying to meet his father and call him Baba. He even told Tapar that the pain in his heart would lessen once he said Baba. And his baba has been ignoring him royally. Even at the oba Sencer looked so beseechingly, and Meliksah's cold heart wouldn't thaw. Even Zubeyde was surprised with his behaviour. And I really love Zubeyde. She is such an awesome character. The real Queen.
Sencer's friends and Turna were so supportive. It was nice to see them have few dialogues as well. I liked how the "Siir" music story was told. It revealed how the "Siir" had impacted Hace's life as well.

Now with Turansah and the rest of the dynasty ready to pounce at Meliksah, he needs the sound advice of Hace more than ever.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:49 pm Also how low can a person go exactly Terken hatun? I hate this woman with a vehemence. Even Mah Malik was surprised by her behavior. The conniving snake.
I think we all hate Terken more than Sabbah, Batinis and Mitras and men combined. taculmulk was having the ball of his life blaming Zubeyde and Hace. Its good thing that Zubeyde didn't lose her Bas hatun title. How easily Terken called Basulu "casus" while she has done worse things herself?
I felt so sad for Sencer when he realized that no one in this palace would welcome them. And then even Mahmelek didn't talk to him.
Even Gevher started her usual talk about future and titles with Tapar. Why is everyone so worried about Sencer when Berkyaruk is already made the crown prince? There are many contenders ready to pounce on the next Sultan irrespective of Sencer being a Melik or not. Hope this shows Terken the reality of the problems of the future.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

A quick check in because I remembered something and I am dying to share it. Remember when Hamadani was treating Sencer and he noticed a mark on his neck? I thought at the time it would be used when the secret is revealed but it was not. What was it then? Why were they so intent on showing it?
Will come back with more later.
And by the way (better late than never): Ramadan kareem for those fasting :)
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:19 pm A quick check in because I remembered something and I am dying to share it. Remember when Hamadani was treating Sencer and he noticed a mark on his neck? I thought at the time it would be used when the secret is revealed but it was not. What was it then? Why were they so intent on showing it?
Will come back with more later.
And by the way (better late than never): Ramadan kareem for those fasting :)
So that Hemedani could know who he is and help in the future. But after he left the show they had to cut out that storyline I guess.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Where did Caka bey disappear? Did they forget about him? Or did they rewrite the story?
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

No episode this week emre announced
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

Why do people don't sympathize with basulu hatun as much as sencer. What fault did she commit apart from declaring herself dead for continuity of state and life of melikshah when hace told him why she was declared dead in first bolum? Why did melikshah had a son with basulu hatun if he knew its consequences? Did Melikshah tell Tapar that you have another brother sencer all this time? Did'nt he hid his own son from tapar? Then why he is complaining to basulu hatun if he hid herself all these years for state and life of melikshah.? I think basulu hatun is as much innocent as sencer. She sacrificed so much for state and melikshah. She is humiliated by everybody like tajulmulk slapped her , her son sencer was always in danger of being killed by the palace games. She was abducted due to being wife of melikshah and hassan sabbah instigated her to go against melikshah and she denied it and even spat on face of hassan sabbah. This is for sure that she was wrongly accused of being spy and was innocent all this time and in fact terken was traitor and committed many treacheries behind melikshah and even poisoned melikshah's mother. In recent episode , terken tried to slap basulu hatun and zubeyda stopped her, was melikshah shameless enough to ignore her hatun being slapped? How can even tajulmulk retain his post after melikshah came to know that the one who tajulmulk slapped was his own hatun. Did melikshah forget that and went on to dismiss hace? How ridiculous is that? In bolum 28, how hard terken hatun spoke to melikshah and melikshah was not as hard as he should have been on her and melikshah cant even talk to his most loyal wife bashulu hatun who sacrificed her son tapar, his husband and faced so many hardships for state.
People keep defending melikshah for behaving exactly like tapar, in fact he is not as innocent and victim in this all secret thing. Melikshah was partner in crime when he had son with bashulu and did not even dare to see his son in 2nd bolum and knew its consequences all these years and still behaves like tapar who did not know anything.
Tapar enjoyed all perks of palace and being melik. He is not the only one whose mother died when he was infant , there are so many other children who lose their mother and should not consider himself as special victim that only her mother died in this universe. How disrespectful was tapar to his mother when he threw shoes gifted by his mother to ground and still her mother was begging to listen to her. How pity is that, is'nt it?
All wrath is on basulu when secret is disclosed to anybody like zubeyda,tapar and now melikshah.
I do understand that they wanted to dramatize this secret thing and everybody had to behave same when secret is disclosed to anybody but still behavior of melikshah is very debatable at least if not entirely wrong.
Melikshah feels he was cheated all these years. Did not he cheat zubeyda hatun when he kept meeting bashulu hatun in exile and even had son with her and hid this secret son from zubeyda hatun? So melikshah is not as innocent and victim he is trying to portray himself in all this secret scenario.
I know they will reunite in future episodes , but still melikshah behaved was not the way a sultan should behave in my opinion.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Kim gelmiş :cool2_beans:

Hello my beautiful kartal aile
I've sure missed you ladies :hug3_entangled: . I had a fast read through your posts and I enjoyed all the fun and frustration default_moque.gif

I'm as glad as you are that the büyük sır is finally out... and for someone who didn't watch the fragman before the episode, boy was I shook.
The end of episode 27 is one of the best we've had on UBS in a loooong time. I was shaking and screaming. Watching Sencer cry as it unfolded cancelled all the expressionless attitude he's had for some episodes smileys/default_crysmiley1 smileys/default_crysmiley1

As much he wanted the secret to come out, he didn't want it to be that way. He knew it hurt both his parents. The way his eyes kept darting to Melikşah and filling up with tears hrtbreaking
Melikşah on his own ttantrum . I always thought he'd suspected even the tiniest bit, but its clear he was totally clueless. I appreciate that they had the reveal in the presence of others, so the word will be clear that the sultan found out the same time the court did.
It'll be hard for him to face Başulu, as this isn't just about her pretending to be dead.... bu kalp meselesi.... his 1 true love he has mourned for is in front of him after almost 20 years. The man needs to collect himself.
He was less dismissive with Sencer, cos they've been working closely together for a while now and he's showed how he loves him despite not knowing. Plus he feels the guilt of his own abandonment. Whether Başulu was alive or not, the burden of handing over a son and not knowing anything about him has weighed on him so much. He was so close to giving him a hug and is already referring to him as Ahmet by default blisssmiley
It will be all good in a couple of episodes.

I like how we'll have the emotional sub-plot running alongside this very tense throne war to come [default_faim.gif]

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Welcome back @QueenLola So good to see you here. hugsmle

We can micro dissect the episodes again biggrint
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:39 am Welcome back @QueenLola So good to see you here. hugsmle

We can micro dissect the episodes again biggrint
Thank you canim hugsmle

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

clarkey wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:50 pm People keep defending melikshah for behaving exactly like tapar, in fact he is not as innocent and victim in this all secret thing. Melikshah was partner in crime when he had son with bashulu and did not even dare to see his son in 2nd bolum and knew its consequences all these years and still behaves like tapar who did not know anything.
Hi clarkey, I agree with your post.
I think some people on twitter have been as dramatic as Meliksah, mostly crazy fans of the actor who cannot distinguish between the character and actor default_moque.gif I agree his actions are not suitable for a Sultan. The lady with her two little girls had to remind the Sultan he had devlat to take care of. I feel really bad for Basulu that Meliksah didn't even try to clear Basulu's name even after her death. He really failed here.
At least now we know from whom does Tapar get his entitled childish attitude default_moque.gif Sencer on the other hand has been brought up by his strong mother and Hace.

The fact that Sencer could read his father's expressions and understood he would be considered guilty made me so angry. the kid is 18 and yet more matured than anyone in that family. The way he said, "I am used to being an orphan" smileys/default_crysmiley1 and the way his voice broke while talking about his mother. smileys/imoksmiley.gif I feel Sencer is the most innocent here. Of course Basulu did what was best for her son's survival. Now the dynasty will be after his blood and everyone else will use him as a bait. She suffered so that her son could live, hopefully she gets the respect she deserves soon.
Last edited by UglyDuckling on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

So my thought on a possible outcome of this throne war..... inadvertently, Başulu's slander might be cleared up.

My senses have been tingling since Turan Şah showed up. I won't be surprised if he (and his father) had something to do with the lies as a way to weaken Melikşah's chances when he was a prince.

We all know Sencer won't get the respect he deserves before his mother is cleared.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 am The end of episode 27 is one of the best we've had on UBS in a loooong time. I was shaking and screaming. Watching Sencer cry as it unfolded cancelled all the expressionless attitude he's had for some episodes
For me finally he was Ahmed.
QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 am Melikşah on his own . I always thought he'd suspected even the tiniest bit, but its clear he was totally clueless. I appreciate that they had the reveal in the presence of others, so the word will be clear that the sultan found out the same time the court did.
Who would have thought he didn't even have a clue? After all the clues that kept popping up one would think he was sure of Sencer's identity.
QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 am I like how we'll have the emotional sub-plot running alongside this very tense throne war to come
Lots of angst coming up!!
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

clarkey wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:50 pm Why do people don't sympathize with basulu hatun as much as sencer. What fault did she commit apart from declaring herself dead for continuity of state and life of melikshah when hace told him why she was declared dead in first bolum? Why did melikshah had a son with basulu hatun if he knew its consequences? Did Melikshah tell Tapar that you have another brother sencer all this time? Did'nt he hid his own son from tapar? Then why he is complaining to basulu hatun if he hid herself all these years for state and life of melikshah.? I think basulu hatun is as much innocent as sencer. She sacrificed so much for state and melikshah. She is humiliated by everybody like tajulmulk slapped her , her son sencer was always in danger of being killed by the palace games. She was abducted due to being wife of melikshah and hassan sabbah instigated her to go against melikshah and she denied it and even spat on face of hassan sabbah. This is for sure that she was wrongly accused of being spy and was innocent all this time and in fact terken was traitor and committed many treacheries behind melikshah and even poisoned melikshah's mother.
The reason people don't respect Başulu is because of the slander. This will continue till she's cleared. The only people who believe her are those closest to her. I bet the people of Kinik oba will know she's not that kind of person.
I can't wait to see Taçülmülk's face the day Sencer finally get recognised as a melik [default_gnugghender.gif]
clarkey wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:50 pm In recent episode , terken tried to slap basulu hatun and zubeyda stopped her, was melikshah shameless enough to ignore her hatun being slapped?
If they allow Terken, she'll slap Zubeida and even Seferiye hatun. The woman knows no bounds. Her ego-tripping is quite exhausting.
One minute she's boasting about being a daughter of the Karakhanids.... next thing she's pouting at Melikşah that he's being unfair because she's from a small state. Im like " woman choose your complex for God's sake!!" [default_yoga-smiley.gif]
clarkey wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:50 pm In bolum 28, how hard terken hatun spoke to melikshah and melikshah was not as hard as he should have been on her and melikshah cant even talk to his most loyal wife bashulu hatun who sacrificed her son tapar, his husband and faced so many hardships for state.
People keep defending melikshah for behaving exactly like tapar, in fact he is not as innocent and victim in this all secret thing. Melikshah was partner in crime when he had son with bashulu and did not even dare to see his son in 2nd bolum and knew its consequences all these years and still behaves like tapar who did not know anything.
It's more of a heartbreak thing for Melikşah. The one person he loved the most didn't trust him to keep her secret. He'd felt useless for not defending her before, now he's torn. Does she have no faith in him??
I think he's acting as expected. Plus now the secret being revealed has put him in a tight spot.... but I doubt he won't do anything to protect her this time around.
clarkey wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:50 pm Tapar enjoyed all perks of palace and being melik. He is not the only one whose mother died when he was infant , there are so many other children who lose their mother and should not consider himself as special victim that only her mother died in this universe. How disrespectful was tapar to his mother when he threw shoes gifted by his mother to ground and still her mother was begging to listen to her. How pity is that, is'nt it?
Tapar has always been a big baby default_moque.gif . I'm actually surprised his anger was so short-lived. But the writers used Başulu's illness to break him

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:58 pm My senses have been tingling since Turan Şah showed up. I won't be surprised if he (and his father) had something to do with the lies as a way to weaken Melikşah's chances when he was a prince.
People on twitter thinking that Turansah had a crush on Basulu, then she married Meliksah and he wanted revenge, for that reason slandered her. But then she died default_moque.gif
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm People on twitter thinking that Turansah had a crush on Basulu, then she married Meliksah and he wanted revenge, for that reason slandered her. But then she died default_moque.gif
Ooohhh a possible lop-sided triangle tpopcorn :giggleey: I haven't gone on dizi Twitter yet to follow news.

I doubt it's a love/crush issue though.....unless he'd wanted to align himself with the Kıpçaklar by marriage and Melikşah got the deal instead default_moque.gif

I'm almost sure he's involved in the slander somehow.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:25 pm
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm People on twitter thinking that Turansah had a crush on Basulu, then she married Meliksah and he wanted revenge, for that reason slandered her. But then she died default_moque.gif
Ooohhh a possible lop-sided triangle tpopcorn :giggleey: I haven't gone on dizi Twitter yet to follow news.

I doubt it's a love/crush issue though.....unless he'd wanted to align himself with the Kıpçaklar by marriage and Melikşah got the deal instead default_moque.gif

I'm almost sure he's involved in the slander somehow.
Apparently he said Basulu longingly when he saw her [default_e13716.gif] I think so too, he was involved and when everything is out it will help Meliksah keep his throne and squash any rebellion from any other family member for now.
btw the actor is a "konuk oyuncu" and not part of the cast so I guess he will be around for another 2-3 episodes.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm I can't wait to see Taçülmülk's face the day Sencer finally get recognised as a melik
Sencer has squashed Taculmulk even as a lowly obali .. waiting to see what happens as a Melik now. ssmug
I really don't understand why Meliksah can't see through Taculmulk and Terken. Taculmulk was using the situation for his benefit. He wanted Hace dead so that the place would be vacant for him. As an Emir he has been practically useless and has been proven his worthlessness many times and yet Meliksah invited him to the Divan-e -Ala. [default_th_rollingpin.gif]
I really wonder if Meliksah regrets his marriage to a demanding Terken. he should see the difference between Zubeyde and Terken especially the way both handled the situation in private. Zubeyde despite the wave of incoming problems was still pro Basulu and Sencer and Terken kept crying about her rights or whatever she said sorry sometimes I zone out. Terken is such a narcissist, its always her child and her problems.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:31 pm
Apparently he said Basulu longingly when he saw her [default_e13716.gif] I think so too, he was involved and when everything is out it will help Meliksah keep his throne and squash any rebellion from any other family member for now.
btw the actor is a "konuk oyuncu" and not part of the cast so I guess he will be around for another 2-3 episodes.
Really?!
I missed whatever emotion he had there. I should go check it out again.

I also don't think he'll be here for long. He just showed up randomly.
We haven't even seen Tutuş who is supposed to be the real pain in the neck. I don't see Turanşah being much trouble. What will we expect from Tutuş then??

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:38 pm Sencer has squashed Taculmulk even as a lowly obali .. waiting to see what happens as a Melik now. ssmug
I really don't understand why Meliksah can't see through Taculmulk and Terken. Taculmulk was using the situation for his benefit. He wanted Hace dead so that the place would be vacant for him. As an Emir he has been practically useless and has been proven his worthlessness many times and yet Meliksah invited him to the Divan-e -Ala. [default_th_rollingpin.gif]
I really wonder if Meliksah regrets his marriage to a demanding Terken. he should see the difference between Zubeyde and Terken especially the way both handled the situation in private. Zubeyde despite the wave of incoming problems was still pro Basulu and Sencer and Terken kept crying about her rights or whatever she said sorry sometimes I zone out. Terken is such a narcissist, its always her child and her problems.
I low-key support Tekiş arguments about Melikşah's reign.
How is he supposed to be fair when those closest to him are always plotting. He can't say he doesn't know Terken is a little witch. And him always falling back to Taçülmülk despite how useless he has proven himself to be :nono_asla:

He never fully resolved how his mother was poisoned. That alone is a red flag.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Vay kızlar.. I am late to the party!
@QueenLola our kraliçe is back! Yaşasın! blisssmiley
Çok geçmiş olsun canım. We missed you sooo much! We sooo wanted to have you along us for the last two episodes. But like UglyDuckling said, we can dissect the episodes again [default_winking.gif] I don't think I'll ever get tired of discussing these two gems of episodes.
No idea how you took the final scene of episode 27 totally unprepared. We were preparing for it for a week and ateşli Emre bey was hyping it continyously and we still were utterly unprepared for that heart break. I still can't believe how good it was and that they really revealed the secret finally.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

@clarkey welcome to the forum!
Like others here said, I think Melikşah's behavior towards Başulu should be seen in light of his love to her. As I see it, he thinks the love of his life whom he'd mourned for 20 years had lied to him and preferred to leave him rather than have faith in him. So it's a kalp meselesi rather than a political one. I don't think his behavior is particularly unbecoming to a sultan. Sultans are human beings after all. Should Tekiş be the sultan instead of Meliksah, we wouldn't have held him to so high a standard. It's more that Melikşah has shown himself to be a just and composed monarch and we therefore don't appreciate him acting exactly like Tapar acted when he knew. I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree.
About Terken, I have the impression Melikşah's marriage to her is mainly political. He does not "love" her and rather considers her as the lesser of two evils, the other evil being dispute with the Karakhanids. Granted, in early episodes, he described her as the "queen" of his heart or something to that sense. But I always thought that was for drama purposes back when we still had Elçin hatun.
Speaking of Melikşah's wives, it seems to me that the only one to whom he had a passionate love was Başulu. His relationship to Zubeida is more of a partnership between two powerful peers. He has so far shown more emotion to Terken than to Zubeida. She really acts more like a close friend/trusted vizier than a wife.

On Terken attempting to slap Başulu, the woman has zero shame. If Başulu is accused of treason, Terken has committed it at least twice. Once when she poisoned her mother in law, and the second when she got the weapons convoy killed and the weapons stolen. So all I could think of in that scene was how does she dare feign indignation when she's the one ready to commit treason for her own petty reasons.
Last edited by Işık on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:38 pm Sencer has squashed Taculmulk even as a lowly obali .. waiting to see what happens as a Melik now. ssmug
I low-key support Tekiş arguments about Melikşah's reign.
How is he supposed to be fair when those closest to him are always plotting. He can't say he doesn't know Terken is a little witch. And him always falling back to Taçülmülk despite how useless he has proven himself to be :nono_asla:

He never fully resolved how his mother was poisoned. That alone is a red flag.
+10 to that.
Tajulmulk is a zeka küpü. I have no idea how he's still alive with the amount of intelligence he has above his shoulders.
The actor was having the time of his life last episode looking so smug and full of himself :P I wanted to reach across the screen and slap him. Especially when he started whining about Zubeida knowing the secret. After all the catastrophes he has done or facilitated, I wonder why he's still in the palace in the first place. Such a useless man. When Melikşah called him to testify in his diwan, I was like, are you serious your majesty? You do realize you've been slapping this excuse of a man constantly, right?

Regarding Tekiş, before the battle between him and Melikşah, I have had flashes where his arguments made sense, even if I would never side with him. He's such a horrible human being and would make a horrible sultan. His arguments made sense sometimes but it was always about him thinking he was more worthy of the throne than Melikşah and it was never about him really caring about the state.
What struck me the most, however, was this particular scene after Melikşah got him blinded, when he's in his tent and is told the batini had taken Şelemzar. He started railing about the useless Sultan and as much as I wanted to tell him the sultan was actually buzy warring with you, his speech rang true. Melikşah never figured out Terken poisoned his mother, or that she diverted the weapons materials, or that Sabbah was a hain, and he still has Tajulmulk by his sids despite everything he did. And to finally have Şelemzar taken by the batinis.. In that short moment, I found myself looking at things from Tekiş's perspective.
The actor is phenomenal by the way. He fit the persona like a glove.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:12 pm
QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 am Melikşah on his own . I always thought he'd suspected even the tiniest bit, but its clear he was totally clueless. I appreciate that they had the reveal in the presence of others, so the word will be clear that the sultan found out the same time the court did.
Who would have thought he didn't even have a clue? After all the clues that kept popping up one would think he was sure of Sencer's identity.
Funny anecdote: I was watching the confrontation between Melikşah and Hace when the translator decided to make Melikşah say: "I have known about Sencer all this time".
And I was like wait a minute, you KNEW abour Sencer all this time? You did not suspect like we've been saying, but you rather KNEW? How come? You can imagine how confused I was. Till now I don't know what Melikşah actually said in that scene but the context made it clear that Nope he knew nothing and it was the translator's imagination running wild. Poor one :P I guess it's hard to accept that Melikşah didn't even suspect anything given how many clues he had been given.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:57 pm I feel really bad for Basulu that Meliksah didn't even try to clear Basulu's name even after her death. He really failed here.
At least now we know from whom does Tapar get his entitled childish attitude default_moque.gif Sencer on the other hand has been brought up by his strong mother and Hace.

The fact that Sencer could read his father's expressions and understood he would be considered guilty made me so angry. the kid is 18 and yet more matured than anyone in that family. The way he said, "I am used to being an orphan" smileys/default_crysmiley1 and the way his voice broke while talking about his mother. smileys/imoksmiley.gif I feel Sencer is the most innocent here. Of course Basulu did what was best for her son's survival. Now the dynasty will be after his blood and everyone else will use him as a bait. She suffered so that her son could live, hopefully she gets the respect she deserves soon.
Your post brought tears to my eyes. The way they created Sencer's character is making me way too invested in this fictional retelling of history. I feel bad for him. We've been accustomed to him holding his head high and having a clear mind and a sharp focus that when he crumbled in that reveal scene, lowered his head and started crying, I felt so heartbroken and so angry on his behalf. He had consacrated his life to the service of his father's state, lived like a lowly obalı, fighted like a simple soldier, saw his mother insulted by his father's emir, got slapped by his sultan for daring to defend his mother, was so loyal to the state that even when he was under the risk of being executed he didn't reveal his identity, he didn't reveal it even when he wanted to marry an emir kızı as a nobody. So to have this character and then to have him feel guilt and shame when it was finally the time to reveal who he was. That was so hard to watch. Remember one of the first defining moments of the character was when he saved the sultan and got to meet him and you could see in his eyes how he longed to call him baba. They even went the extra mile and made him observe from a distance as his father and brother talked. So for him to be denied the "oğlum", the "Ahmet" when his father finally knew who he was. That was so painful to watch.
Also this scene in the oba last episode with Sencer waiting like a puppy for his father to acknowledge him, not like his son, not like Ahmet, but simply as soldier Sencer and the sultan denying him even that by not involving him in the mission. Ugh.. I mean I like angst and I should not be complaining but boy do I want Sencer to reach a stage where he revolts. I know he wouldn't. He's the cool headed one among these maniacs but I still feel so sorry for him being fed scraps while he's a melik. He didn't ask his father to sire him while his mother was in exile. Melikşah knew what that would mean for this son I suppose. And still he was overtaken by his emotions. No wonder Başulu chose to take her own decisions without telling him.
When Zubeida told him he kept the secret son from her and he didn't tell her he was still seeing Başulu, the sultan got indignated and told her what happened between him and his wife was none of her business. I would agree if Başulu was living in the palace, then what happened between her and Melikşah would really be nome of Zubeida's business. But with the complex situation Sencer was conceived in, I think Zubeida had every right in accusing Melikşah of being double faced, getting angry at her for keeping secrets while he himself kept secrets from her in the first place.
Meliksah's logic was that he's the sultan, not Zubeida. But she's a powerful ally, and he cannot stand to alienate her. Not with war on his doors and hainler in his palace.

A bit beside the point, did you notice the foreshadowing in Zubeida's words: I know I won't die in my bed deprosmiley
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

Işık wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:26 pm @clarkey welcome to the forum!
Like others here said, I think Melikşah's behavior towards Başulu should be seen in light of his love to her. As I see it, he thinks the love of his life whom he'd mourned for 20 years had lied to him and preferred to leave him rather than have faith in him. So it's a kalp meselesi rather than a political one. I don't think his behavior is particularly unbecoming to a sultan. Sultans are human beings after all. Should Tekiş be the sultan instead of Meliksah, we wouldn't have held him to so high a standard. It's more that Melikşah has shown himself to be a just and composed monarch and we therefore don't appreciate him acting exactly like Tapar acted when he knew. I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree.
About Terken, I have the impression Melikşah's marriage to her is mainly political. He does not "love" her and rather considers her as the lesser of two evils, the other evil being dispute with the Karakhanids. Granted, in early episodes, he described her as the "queen" of his heart or something to that sense. But I always thought that was for drama purposes back when we still had Elçin hatun.
Speaking of Melikşah's wives, it seems to me that the only one to whom he had a passionate love was Başulu. His relationship to Zubeida is more of a partnership between two powerful peers. He has so far shown more emotion to Terken than to Zubeida. She really acts more like a close friend/trusted vizier than a wife.

On Terken attempting to slap Başulu, the woman has zero shame. If Başulu is accused of treason, Terken has committed it at least twice. Once when she poisoned her mother in law, and the second when she got the weapons convoy killed and the weapons stolen. So all I could think of in that scene was how does she dare feign indignation when she's the one ready to commit treason for her own petty reasons.
In first bolum, when melikshah returned from berzem battle and found basulu dead and saw his newly born son, Ahmed. Both melikshah and bashulu became central part of secret. Melikshah agreed to the terms individually set by hace that he will not see his son, on the other hand , bashulu agreed
to the terms set by hace like she would declare herself dead and would not see melikshah. So both agreed to the conditions set by hace on that berzem battle day.
If melikshah was so strong that he could save basulu, then why did he not dare to see his son in 2nd bolum? He knew consequences if he saw his son and his secret son is exposed despite being powerful enough. Does not he had the power to save his son if he had seen his son in 2nd bolum.
One thing is if you are guilty of something, when others do same thing to you then you should not be complaining. Did not meliksah lie to tapar about his second brother sencer? Did not he lie to zubeyda hatun about his secret son and kept meeting bashulu in exile? So why you are complaining when you yourself had done same things.
I know basulu is his true love while terken is a political marriage but i dont think it has made things any better for melikshah. Zubeyda is more of administrative wife and can manage things of palace in absence of melikshah. But regardless, at least this behavior was not acceptable. Even being angry does not mean you dont even protect honor of your wife while terken hatun is slapping her. Perhaps zubeyda hatun(i dont know if she remains same in future) was more protective of bashulu than basulu's husband ironically.
Basulu did not leave her of her own will. He left him so that her husband's life and thus continuity of state is not harmed. So she chose her husband's life over her life. Does still basulu deserve that behavior of melikshah?
Someone posted in above post that sencer who was brought up by hace and his mother acted more maturely in secret scenario than tapar and melikshah who has been in same camp regarding secret. I still feel it was blessing in disguise for sencer that he got to live with hace and his mother than being in palace, otherwise he would have been ended up cry-baby like melikshah and tapar.
Last edited by clarkey on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

QueenLola wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:16 pm The reason people don't respect Başulu is because of the slander. This will continue till she's cleared. The only people who believe her are those closest to her. I bet the people of Kinik oba will know she's not that kind of person.
Anyway i am talking about audience/viewers not actors in drama. Audience/viewers should be clear that basulu was never a spy otherwise sencer will never become melik as was the case in real history. Even melikshah said so in divan-e-ala with tajulmilk and other viziers. So she was accused of spy but never a spy. So opponents of melikshah within dynasty continued to believe this lie for their own benefits.
I still believe basulu is as innocent as sencer in this drama. She did not do anything wrong and was always loyal to melikshah and state. In fact, terken is spy and traitor.
Also common sense is sencer was melik in history, so how can basulu be spy?
One more thing is basulu was kept alive to clear her name and regard sencer as melik. If she had been dead in first bolum, then there was no way to clear basulu's name and sencer could not never be the legitimate member of dynasty. Hace and melikshah did not clear her name all these 20 years because directors wanted to prolong the drama. Thats it.
Now it is actually inevitable for basulu for her name to be cleared so sencer can be called melik.
Spoiler:
If you see first bolum and conversation between sencer and his mother, she said she would die happy when she sees his two sons beside melikshah as melik. So after sencer is declared melik. Basulu will die after sencer is declared melik. I really hope she does not die as I only see drama for her anyway. Drama will probably end for me if she dies.
Did anyone notice how sencer was doing actions like hace when he was disclosing to his fellow alps that he is melikshah's son, perhaps indicating that hace will die soon.
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

I 100% agree with this. Sencer behaved more maturely brought up by his mother and hace as opposed to melikshah and tapar cry-babies.

Return to “Other Titles”