Uyanış: Büyük Selçuklu

clarkey

Post by clarkey »

I don't know what is the role of basulu hatun after secret is revealed , she had more meaningful scenes before secret was revealed but after secret is revealed , her role has significantly decreased and scene in which she comes , only gazes at melikshah and nothing else. Even gevher does not respect basulu being mother of her husband, which is extremely disrespectful. I dont why people seem to like tapar and gevher couple, in my opinion they are worst couple in this drama. Gevher has no role except instigating tapar against his brothers. What a disgusting lady walking on footsteps of terken snake.
Also in 30th episode preview trailer, melikshah seems to abandon basulu hatun, which is heartbreaking. What was the use of keeping her alive, if melikshah would not accept her.
Also 29th episode was very boring in my opinion, no substance. They seem to have rushed it with so many fillers in it. I am not liking the direction in which this series is going. I may completely stop watching if they keep going in this direction.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Meliksah will accept Basulu eventually. At the moment her name needs to be cleared. They are going in that direction, which will lead to Sencer declared as a Melik by Meliksah. Also it will stop throne wars for a while at least.
Basulu will face tough time with Terken ready to do anything to not have her back at the Palace.
Lots of things will happen which will be a base for season 2 as well.
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

UglyDuckling wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:46 pm Meliksah will accept Basulu eventually. At the moment her name needs to be cleared. They are going in that direction, which will lead to Sencer declared as a Melik by Meliksah. Also it will stop throne wars for a while at least.
Basulu will face tough time with Terken ready to do anything to not have her back at the Palace.
Lots of things will happen which will be a base for season 2 as well.
If you heard terken snake in 29th episode when both gevher and terken came to console for the death of ayaz, terken said to basulu hatun that you have been hiding for 20 years, when this drama started , its year was 1090(18 years had passed), now 2 more years have passed and year is 1092, meaning death of both hace and meilikshah in this season is very much likely.

I dont think both basulu and melikshah have enough time in this drama. No role will be left for basulu once melikshah dies and basulu will die too.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

clarkey wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:00 pm If you heard terken snake in 29th episode when both gevher and terken came to console for the death of ayaz, terken said to basulu hatun that you have been hiding for 20 years, when this drama started , its year was 1090(18 years had passed), now 2 more years have passed and year is 1092, meaning death of both hace and meilikshah in this season is very much likely.
2 more years couldn't have passed because Gevher has not given birth yet. She meant 20 years meaning after she was exiled, nobody knew where she was. Then Sencer was born during that time. Meliksah visited her after her exile.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

waiting!
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Pretty ;)
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

[uff.gif] swoon2
clarkey

Post by clarkey »

Sencer finally seems to be melik now but it is still unclear about basulu. I dont think melikshah will keep basulu in palace as in 1st trailer of episode 30 he said , I will decide about hace and sencer and he did not talk about basulu. Melikshah also said in preview trailer to basulu that one who dies is never born again. It will interesting to see what he decided about basulu. He may most likely keep hace in palace as melikshah indicated that he will forgive hace in 29th episode.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Is she joining?
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Please when is Tapar's new wife showing up cos this Gevher's situation.... [default_yoga-smiley.gif] ya sabır
She doesn't have any brains galiba. The one person she has witnessed being dangerous and is potentially her biggest rival is who she's taking advice from?? tcuckoo
How is Başulu supposed to be a threat to her anyway?? That hand she's refusing to kiss.... she's going to be chasing after it one day soon.

I like how they write the villains of the throne in this show. Tekiş and Turan Şah make a lot of valid observations to Melikşah's reckless reign. And all he does is scream "how dare they" hohumsmileyf
I wonder what will happen with this last scene face off.
I still feel strongly about Turan Şah being behind the Başulu slander. There was something in the way he challenged Melikşah to prove it. He's very sure of himself ama, there's always a loose thread hanging somewhere.

For the first time ever, I felt some respect for Taçülmülk when he turned down Sabbah's partnership. As much as I complain about Melikşah, Sabbah is just a delusional narcissist who loses every hare-brained scheme he thinks up and then runs off like a rat default_moque.gif (I just remembered Behram's funny run default_moque.gif )

Hoşçakal Ayaz heartshower . Sencer's face when he died tpanic .... Faysal should run and hide, cos Sencer Bey will shred him to pieces when the time comes

As for TurSen.... vay vay vay.... they're listening to the audience cos that scene between them was a lot more cosier than we're used to ggimme [loveboat.gif]

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

clarkey wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:00 pm
If you heard terken snake in 29th episode when both gevher and terken came to console for the death of ayaz, terken said to basulu hatun that you have been hiding for 20 years, when this drama started , its year was 1090(18 years had passed), now 2 more years have passed and year is 1092, meaning death of both hace and meilikshah in this season is very much likely.

I dont think both basulu and melikshah have enough time in this drama. No role will be left for basulu once melikshah dies and basulu will die too.
They're very good with manipulating time on this show but I don't think it's been more than 1 year yet.
Plus the season is ending and there's still so much more drama to go through. I can't even imagine what we'll get in the Tutuş plot.

If they want to keep with reality, Başulu will live out her real number of years. Either with Tapar in Şelemzar or wherever he'll be.
Even Turna who is lead cast is not as prominent in the current plot so there's something to come for the ladies most likely.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Sultan Banu wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Pretty ;)
heartshower
Leydi is probably thinking of how to put together another amazing tribute video [dreamyeyesf.gif]

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 am Is she joining?
Fresh off the Hay Sultan set.... imagine she's going to be Tapar's new wife [default_gnugghender.gif] . Gevher will burnnnn :diablo:
And Melisa is tall too.... she'll compliment Tapar nicely

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

I've been meaning to ask.... Başulu is actually modelled after real life Seferiye hatun. That hatun had daughters with Melikşah.
Is it too much of a stretch to wonder if this will play out for the on screen couple?? default_moque.gif

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:21 pm I like how they write the villains of the throne in this show. Tekiş and Turan Şah make a lot of valid observations to Melikşah's reckless reign. And all he does is scream "how dare they"
Same here! It makes me feel that if Hace was not his vizer, Meliksah's reign would not be as golden as its shown. Hace did all the work it seems.
I am liking both the actors playing Tekis and TuranSah. Such grey characters wonderfully portrayed.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:49 pm I've been meaning to ask.... Başulu is actually modelled after real life Seferiye hatun. That hatun had daughters with Melikşah.
Is it too much of a stretch to wonder if this will play out for the on screen couple?? default_moque.gif
Well considering that she is Tapar and Sencer's mother, yes she is Seferiye Hatun. But she was Meliksah's concubine so probably they changed the name and exiled her for TRT default_moque.gif
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Interesting
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 am Interesting
10 more till he gets his own emirate?....

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Melik geliyo blisssmiley blisssmiley blisssmiley
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Have you seen this????
No one wears royal garments like Melik Ahmed Sencer. No, not even Melikşah or Tapar. That's pure perfection. Çok yakışmış maşallah.

Also, have you seen the colors, the details, the raised collar, those gorgeous buttons and the superior black and red? I want to hug their seamstress vallah. Çok iyisin terzi hanım hugsmle
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Do you remember our jealousy scenarios? I fear they're loading.. But as much as I wanted to see them, now that I have seen how good Sencer and Tapar are together, I don't want to see them fighting anymore. That will hurt. And not in the sweet angsty way.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

I thought I was imagining things when I first saw the fragman but other people have seen it too.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:07 pm
QueenLola wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:49 pm I've been meaning to ask.... Başulu is actually modelled after real life Seferiye hatun. That hatun had daughters with Melikşah.
Well considering that she is Tapar and Sencer's mother, yes she is Seferiye Hatun. But she was Meliksah's concubine so probably they changed the name and exiled her for TRT default_moque.gif
I am intrigued. Why do you think that would cross TRT's lines?
I've always thought the kipçak/hain mother is a modernization of the slave/concubine plot that would better fit a modern audience and would still have the same result with regard to the sons (Sencer and Tapar), i.e. that they will have a lower status than Berkyaruk whose mother is not only a free woman but also a selçuk princess, and than Mahmud whose mother is a karakhanid princess.
I can see why TRT would prefer to change the concubine issue for a modernization/political purpose but not because it's outside social values. After all, concubines back then had legal status. And concubines with children had a special recognized situation that was akin to being a wife. It's not like Melikşah was sleeping around or having mistresses nor were the sons of concubines illegal.
What do you think?
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:15 pm Melik geliyo blisssmiley blisssmiley blisssmiley
Kind of sad that Nizamülmülk isn't there to witness this.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:42 pm Have you seen this????
No one wears royal garments like Melik Ahmed Sencer. No, not even Melikşah or Tapar. That's pure perfection. Çok yakışmış maşallah.

Also, have you seen the colors, the details, the raised collar, those gorgeous buttons and the superior black and red? I want to hug their seamstress vallah. Çok iyisin terzi hanım hugsmle
I look forward to seeing Ekin wearing this in every interview and off-set picture since he loves appearing in Sencer outfits so much default_moque.gif

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:51 pm Do you remember our jealousy scenarios? I fear they're loading.. But as much as I wanted to see them, now that I have seen how good Sencer and Tapar are together, I don't want to see them fighting anymore. That will hurt. And not in the sweet angsty way.
I've actually come to believe this is Tapar's normal look. He always has a stern face even when he's having Sencer's back.
Not saying that jealousy situations won't arise, but they won't last. Gevher's influence in his life is slowly coming to an end especially with her current sacma. I just want a new love interest for him soon... probably on season 2.

I saw that Melisa Pamuk is joining Kırmızı Oda. Since those roles don't last too long, we might still have hope in seeing her in UBS next season.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:42 pm No one wears royal garments like Melik Ahmed Sencer. No, not even Melikşah or Tapar. That's pure perfection. Çok yakışmış maşallah.
So true! Ekin carries it well. He really looks princely here.
Işık wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:06 pm I can see why TRT would prefer to change the concubine issue for a modernization/political purpose but not because it's outside social values. After all, concubines back then had legal status. And concubines with children had a special recognized situation that was akin to being a wife. It's not like Melikşah was sleeping around or having mistresses nor were the sons of concubines illegal.
For the modern audience, concubine means mistress. It is difficult to explain that it was acceptable then. So for all intents and purpose, its easier for her to be portrayed as a wife especially when they want to show buyuk ask. Also I think TRT doesn't approve of any relationship outside marriage and so will never promote it either.
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:15 am Kind of sad that Nizamülmülk isn't there to witness this.
I saw him standing in the big hall with Turansah, Tekis, Melik sencer and Tapar. He will be present.
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:30 am I've actually come to believe this is Tapar's normal look. He always has a stern face even when he's having Sencer's back.
Its his normal facial expression. I have noticed this look too many times. As for jealousy I hope they don't go on that route considering the brothers were close and fought against Berkyaruk. I would like to see them on the same side.
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:30 am I saw that Melisa Pamuk is joining Kırmızı Oda. Since those roles don't last too long, we might still have hope in seeing her in UBS next season.
Wasn't she part of Hay Sultan? Probably she has shifted to UBS as Berkyaruk's wife.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:53 pm I thought I was imagining things when I first saw the fragman but other people have seen it too.
Hopefully its before he is announced as a Melik because I am tired of seeing the same outfit.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am I saw him standing in the big hall with Turansah, Tekis, Melik sencer and Tapar. He will be present.
Yaaay! [smileys/beadssmily.gif]
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am Its his normal facial expression. I have noticed this look too many times. As for jealousy I hope they don't go on that route considering the brothers were close and fought against Berkyaruk. I would like to see them on the same side.
Gevher will probably try to poison his mind one last time, but its highly unlikely because when Tapar heard the disrespect she showed his mother he's going to lose it.
I think the brothers will remain close since Sencer serves under Tapar in his eventual emirate.
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am Wasn't she part of Hay Sultan? Probably she has shifted to UBS as Berkyaruk's wife.
I hope so. There's not much to go with from 1 picture in a car with a UBS sticker, but maybe Emre bey has some plans for her here too [default_gnugghender.gif]
And since the season is going to conclude soon it might be best to bring her in the 2nd season.
Already, the multiple fight plots aren't enough to keep focus on other plots that are female centric.
I think season 2 will bring back Turna in a focused role with the other females.

"Ben bir kartalım!"

Return to “Other Titles”