Uyanış: Büyük Selçuklu

QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:34 am
Hopefully its before he is announced as a Melik because I am tired of seeing the same outfit.
[coffeescreen.gif] tlol

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am Its his normal facial expression. I have noticed this look too many times. As for jealousy I hope they don't go on that route considering the brothers were close and fought against Berkyaruk. I would like to see them on the same side.
Yeah he does have that expression on his face a lot. I guess I was reading too much into it.
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 am Gevher will probably try to poison his mind one last time, but its highly unlikely because when Tapar heard the disrespect she showed his mother he's going to lose it.
I think the brothers will remain close since Sencer serves under Tapar in his eventual emirate.
I hope he does get angry with her for what she willingly did to his mother. Otherwise he's a certified fool. I don't know if it's the oba upbringing or simply a difference in personality bur Sencer would have never taken that behavior from his wife.
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 am
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 am Wasn't she part of Hay Sultan? Probably she has shifted to UBS as Berkyaruk's wife.
I hope so. There's not much to go with from 1 picture in a car with a UBS sticker, but maybe Emre bey has some plans for her here too [default_gnugghender.gif]
And since the season is going to conclude soon it might be best to bring her in the 2nd season.
Already, the multiple fight plots aren't enough to keep focus on other plots that are female centric.
I think season 2 will bring back Turna in a focused role with the other females.
I read somewhere that it's the same production company and set for both UBS and Hay sultan. So maybe she was heading to Hay Sultan in a UBS car?
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:07 am
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:34 am
Hopefully its before he is announced as a Melik because I am tired of seeing the same outfit.
[coffeescreen.gif] tlol
I was actually teared between wanting him to get shot after he's announced a melik and getting rid of that outfit. Tough choice default_moque.gif
Maybe by getting shot the outfit is teared and I get both my wishes fulfilled?
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:33 am
I read somewhere that it's the same production company and set for both UBS and Hay sultan. So maybe she was heading to Hay Sultan in a UBS car?
True. Although I thought Hay Sultan had already wrapped earlier. And she's already guest starring in Kırmızı Oda's latest episode.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:35 am
I was actually teared between wanting him to get shot after he's announced a melik and getting rid of that outfit. Tough choice default_moque.gif
Maybe by getting shot the outfit is teared and I get both my wishes fulfilled?
default_moque.gif

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 am Gevher will probably try to poison his mind one last time, but its highly unlikely because when Tapar heard the disrespect she showed his mother he's going to lose it.
I found it funny that Terken tells Gevher Turna is just an Emir kiz.. and now her husband is the Emir of the same place default_moque.gif
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 am I think season 2 will bring back Turna in a focused role with the other females.
War of the harems next season gguns
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:33 am I hope he does get angry with her for what she willingly did to his mother. Otherwise he's a certified fool. I don't know if it's the oba upbringing or simply a difference in personality bur Sencer would have never taken that behavior from his wife.
Obali sencer didn't care about the consequences while trashing an Emir, so he definitely would have never allowed this. Tapar should do something as Gevher doesn't seem to care about their relationship at all. He looks like a means to an end for her. He better understand her motives.
Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:35 am Maybe by getting shot the outfit is teared and I get both my wishes fulfilled?
I don't mind as long as that outfit is out. He wears one outfit for 10 episodes or so. He doesn't change outfits like Meliksah.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:01 pm I found it funny that Terken tells Gevher Turna is just an Emir kiz.. and now her husband is the Emir of the same place default_moque.gif
Terken and her insecurities are quite embarrassing
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:01 pm War of the harems next season
[default_faim.gif]
I know it never happens, but I wonder if there'll ever be a scenario where Sencer almost gets another hatun default_moque.gif

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm I know it never happens, but I wonder if there'll ever be a scenario where Sencer almost gets another hatun default_moque.gif
I don't want to see that ever [default_facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif]
There will be naysayers of course and even attempts to marry him. He didn't have any male heirs with Turna so it would be abnormal if that doesn't happen.
But I don't want him to even consider the possibility of marrying another hatun.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:46 am
Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:33 am
True. Although I thought Hay Sultan had already wrapped earlier. And she's already guest starring in Kırmızı Oda's latest episode.
Who knows..
Is she any good in historical dizis?
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:40 pm
QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm I know it never happens, but I wonder if there'll ever be a scenario where Sencer almost gets another hatun default_moque.gif
There will be naysayers of course and even attempts to marry him. He didn't have any male heirs with Turna so it would be abnormal if that doesn't happen.
But I don't want him to even consider the possibility of marrying another hatun.
I hope they don't change history here for the sake of drama.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:40 pm
default_moque.gif
If they happen, it probably won't be a love match scenario.... more political/diplomatic agreements.
Işık wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:43 pm Who knows..
Is she any good in historical dizis?
I don't think she's been in anything historic before now.
She pretty much got popular (and better) in Çarpışma.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:04 pm If they happen, it probably won't be a love match scenario.... more political/diplomatic agreements.
You never know with them. In KOsman, it looks like Osman is falling for Malhun. They are openly flirting. You can imagine OsBal vs OsMal fights happening.
QueenLola
Kraliçe

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:07 pm You never know with them. In KOsman, it looks like Osman is falling for Malhun. They are openly flirting. You can imagine OsBal vs OsMal fights happening.
And we've seen Turna's reaction to someone as inconsequential as Livia.
Anyway, I think they all assumed back then that they would be always be more than 1 wife.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:13 pm
UglyDuckling wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:07 pm You never know with them. In KOsman, it looks like Osman is falling for Malhun. They are openly flirting. You can imagine OsBal vs OsMal fights happening.
And we've seen Turna's reaction to someone as inconsequential as Livia.
Anyway, I think they all assumed back then that they would be always be more than 1 wife.
I don't think it was a given. Even back then. And even for people for whom marriage was a political necessity.
Law schools allowing the wife to include a clause in the marriage contract that bans the husband from marrying another existed. Otherwise Terken would not have been able to impose the "no other woman" condition on the Abbasid caliphate when he married Mah Malik.
Also, the mere fact that Sencer did not marry again while Turna (or Turken) lived despite not producing any male heir attests to the idea that marrying again was not a given.
The general idea I have for this historical era is that if there was a special relationship between husband and wife, the expectation is that he will not marry again. I dare say even in cases where he's an important political figure.
This is of course a matter for debate, but my impression is that, although multiple marriages were more common, whether the man did marry again (or have multiple relationships) or not depended not only on his status but also on his personality. In that regard, I don't think things have changed drastically over the last thousand years.

Also, I have always wondered if the real Sencer had a harem. If he did, wouldn't it be very weird for him not to have any children from any women but his wife?
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

What is this yaa hrtbreaking
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Melik sencer is here!! The moment we have been waiting for so long finally arrived and with style. yesssmileyf Loved Sencer's outfit the best ever. Its a pity he couldn't wear it later on. I was really looking forward to the change. He looked mesmerizing. Ekin really knows how to do this Sultan stuff. He looked like one today. Waiting to see him as a Sultan one day. swoon2 tblush
The scene where they talk about their feelings through their horses was so beautifully done. And then baba twice :bbeatingheart: sadmavi
Turansah and Tekis seem to have passed on some stupidity to Tapar. I know tapar has always been overly emotional and impulsive but this time he was plain stupid. Can't he see through some of the politics played by his father right under his nose? Maybe if he didn't have his personal annoying radio in the form of Gevher, he would be smarter. That woman will never let him grow and succeed. Really need a new wife taparcim. And your wife was rude to your mother and you didn't care. Someone please instill some sense in him. tdramaqueen
Also T&T with their stupid idea of Buyuk Sultan and Kucuk Sultan had me in splits tlol

Who took over Selemzar? possibly Mitras or someone new is here?
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

I loooved this episode to pieces hrtbreaking
Not a dull moment (well maybe the scene with the obali ihtiyar and his gibberish talks but that doesn't count).

Sencer and Melikşah's scene made my inside melt from both happiness and pain. A wonderful scene. The way they used horses to talk about their father-son relationship was ingenious and I really appreciated it because it was more inline with their tough exterior and their inability to directly tackle their delicate relationship subject.
I was already melting when Melikşah noticed Sencer's wound and wanted to treat him, but when Sencer told him he can't utter the word baba although his inside screams it, I couldn't take it anymore. Too much pain for my heart to take. My poor boy. I was begging Melikşah to hug him the whole scene. Those unshed tears in his eyes were torturing me.

Turna is a çiçek. I love how classy this woman is. Even when she was kissing Zubeida's hand she did it with grace. She is a bundle of cuteness and gentleness. And she stood to the snakes at the oba and comforted her mother in law. You should take notes Gevher hatun.

Speaking of Gevher, I can't stand that salak woman. But more than that, I can't stand how salak her husband is. He is the definition of an emotional mess. Really. Even more, the way he acted this episode, with childish rage and with no consideration to his father or the state, looking only at his personal hurt pride,
Spoiler:
I can totally see him killing Zubeida in the future.
Aptal Tapar. I expected him to go scold his wife after what Zubeida told him. But not only he did not do that, he saw his mother and told her nothing, and did not care to apologize for his wife's behavior.

Başulu and Melikşah scene was very intense. I guess part of it was that we did not know what his exact verdict would be beyond that he still considered her a sultan hatun. There's a kind of poetic chemistry between the characters (and the actors). I can't help being mesmerized when they are in the same scene, or when Melikşah talks about his love to Başulu. Whoever writes Malikşah's dialogue when he speaks to her deserves a raise. The prose is utterly beautiful it takes me to the clouds every time.
I am still not sure what the two have reached after that discussion. I know Melikşah told her she's welcome to take back what's hers but at the same time he did not invite her to the palace. And since he did not explicitly ask her to come back to the palace she won't. Later he said to Khayyam that her presence in the palace would stir trouble and Khayyam told him she was faced with opposition when she came the first time. That should tell us Melikşah is aware Terken is the reason for that. Even a kid should put two and two together and reach that conclusion. Speaking of her, every time she opens her mouth he gets a headache and wants to get rid of her, yet he insists on calling her tacım.

The whole coronation sequence was marvelous. I loved every bit of it. The monologue, the camera angles, the lighting, the grandeur of Sencer being clothed in that gorgeous outfit and him being the center of every shot. I also liked that he was shown kneeling at his grandest moment so far, clothed in his full royal regalia. I felt this visual contrast between human majesty (illustrated in Sencer's clothes and his luxurious surrounding) and his submission (while he kneeled to pray) to be most powerful.

Speaking of which, I usually find the religious messages to be too direct and too naive (especially when count Albert is involved) but this episode's discussion between Melikşah and Nassaj (sp?) was different. It's one of the rare scenes that touched me.

Zubeida is the QUEEN. I can't say that enough. I sheer for her every single time she appears on the screen. She appeased me when she showed Terken and Gevher their limits. And I was so proud of her when Melikşah asked Sencer where did he get the ring and he told him it was a gift from Zubeida. Melikşah said she did well and I was boasting on her behalf.

Going back to Tapar, how stupid of him to want to kill Tekiş and how disrespectful of him to insist on doing it despite his father warnings. I didn't get the impression he was particularly jealous of Sencer this episode. Yet the way he accused him of acting like he was politically savvy just because he became a melik and the way he struck him after that. I don't put it past him to get his little brother in trouble. In Meliksah's place, I won't give him his own emirate. He's not ready for that and I wonder if he will ever be. Don't get me wrong, I love Tapar. He's a good character and I was the first to cheer for him when he showed a character's growth in Kuvel. But he is emotionally unstable and prone to manipulation and impulsive decisions and I don't see him changing easily. I can totally see Sencer babysitting his Ağabey and cleaning his messes over the next seasons. I wanted a more sane relationship with brotherhood and peer to peer relations but I was so disappointed by Tapar this episode. Let's see what they have for us in the future.

Have you seen Aydoğdu telling the batinis "our swords are tired of killing you"? Is that a snide comment on the same actors dying over and over again in every episode? :P

That fighting scene was supreme. I really enjoyed it. Every one of the yigitler had his moment. Even Balaban fired TWO arrows at the same time. I mean how cool is that? And Sencer noticing the fire arrow and diverting it with a perfectly calculated throw of the shield was so satisfying to watch. I much prefer this kind of well planned fight scenes to the mindless repetitive ones of earlier episodes.

All in all, a wonderful episode heartshower
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 am Melik sencer is here!! The moment we have been waiting for so long finally arrived and with style. yesssmileyf Loved Sencer's outfit the best ever. Its a pity he couldn't wear it later on. I was really looking forward to the change. He looked mesmerizing. Ekin really knows how to do this Sultan stuff. He looked like one today. Waiting to see him as a Sultan one day. swoon2 tblush
He really does. I guess he had plenty of practice with kösem. Or he's a born sultan. I don't know. But he really fits the sultan role and clothes magnificently.

Royalty aside, why do I have the impression Sencer talks like an obali? Not just the tone and posture. But also the way he speaks and pronounces the words. It's rough and different to the way palace people talk (his father and brother for example). Have you heard his "gardeş"? I don't have a good hold of turkish so these details seem to slip from me but when I hear him speaking, even without necessarily understanding the words, I have the impression he's not talking in an urban or refined way if you get what I mean.

UglyDuckling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 am Also T&T with their stupid idea of Buyuk Sultan and Kucuk Sultan had me in splits tlol
I was baffled the whole time they were talking about this büyük/küçük Sultan thing. Is that a real thing or just their genius minds at work?
UglyDuckling wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 am Who took over Selemzar? possibly Mitras or someone new is here?
I don't think it's him. He seemed completely clueless to what was happening.
I am not sure it's Melikşah either because he did not mention Şelemzar while talking to Turan şah in that final scene. I hope he kills him by the way. He deserves nothing less of being killed for treason.
What weird traditions the selçuks seem to have though. If I got it right, if Turan şah actually succeeded in taking Isphahan he would have been considered the rightful sultan. But since he did not, he's an insurgent that deserves to die? What kind of logic is that?
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Oh one last thing, I LOVE Sencer's intelligent replies to everyone from Terken to Markus to Tajulmulk to Sabbah and finally Tekiş and Turan şah. He's fun to watch.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 pm Royalty aside, why do I have the impression Sencer talks like an obali? Not just the tone and posture. But also the way he speaks and pronounces the words. It's rough and different to the way palace people talk (his father and brother for example). Have you heard his "gardeş"? I don't have a good hold of turkish so these details seem to slip from me but when I hear him speaking, even without necessarily understanding the words, I have the impression he's not talking in an urban or refined way if you get what I mean.
He does sound different. He did say he polices actors for their pronunciation, now he is tired as no one listens and he is the only one making that effort tlol
Işık wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:43 pm What weird traditions the selçuks seem to have though. If I got it right, if Turan şah actually succeeded in taking Isphahan he would have been considered the rightful sultan. But since he did not, he's an insurgent that deserves to die? What kind of logic is that?
Maybe if Turansah had succeeded in his rebellion, there would be a big war and other dynasty people would support him making it very difficult for Meliksah. But because he was caught trying to do a rebellion, he will be tried for treason. That is what I understood. They have too many convenient tore rules. hohumsmileyf
Işık wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:52 pm Oh one last thing, I LOVE Sencer's intelligent replies to everyone from Terken to Markus to Tajulmulk to Sabbah and finally Tekiş and Turan şah. He's fun to watch.
I love it too!! He always has his answers ready and everyone looks so bewildered afterwards tlol Also they way he used his paw to push that eyebrow Melik was amazing. Melik Sencer is ready to show who he really is [default_fight2-smiley.gif]
Waiting to see a Terken vs Sencer showdown. [default_gnugghender.gif]
Last edited by UglyDuckling on Wed May 05, 2021 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

@Işık you recapped everything so beautifully
Işık wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:32 pm The whole coronation sequence was marvelous. I loved every bit of it. The monologue, the camera angles, the lighting, the grandeur of Sencer being clothed in that gorgeous outfit and him being the center of every shot. I also liked that he was shown kneeling at his grandest moment so far, clothed in his full royal regalia. I felt this visual contrast between human majesty (illustrated in Sencer's clothes and his luxurious surrounding) and his submission (while he kneeled to pray) to be most powerful.
tmixpoints tmixpoints tmixpoints
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

The writers have done a wonderfully job in capturing the essence of the show and the characters from the historical perspective. They have been able to add nuances to these characters basing on what the real characters did historically. Ofcourse its fiction but lot can be added or removed according to their story but the major personalities of the characters have been beautifuly captured.
Let's start with Tapar.Twitter has been complaining that Tapar was a good Sultan and has been historically known to model his Sultanate like that of his father and grandfather. But didn't stop him from
Spoiler:
killing Zubedye
or starting a war with Berkyaruk. The writers are showing us how easily Tapar can get manipulated into doing something. Well historically, he did get manipulated by his vizier to go for war against his brother Berkyaruk. Also he lost his throne wars against Berkyaruk, possibly because of rash military decisions. He became a Sultan only after Berkyaruk's death.
As Isik pointed out, Sencer will probably be babysitting his brother in the future. I think the writers have already laid out the foundation of dual Sultanship by talking about Cagri and Tugrul bey. The brothers will have to be buyuk and kucuk sultan in a way tlol There are lot of sources that state that Sencer had lot of power during the reigns of his brothers.
About 491/1098 Sanjar’s uterine brother Moḥammad Tapar (r. 498-511/1105-1118) began a contest for the great sultanate with Barkiāroq, a struggle that was to last until Barkiāroq’s death in 498/1105. Sanjar promptly defected from Barkiāroq’s service to Moḥammad Tapar’s to play a key role throughout this struggle. His most critical contribution occurred in 494/1101, when Sanjar rescued Moḥammad Tapar’s bid after his catastrophic military defeat at Barkiāroq’s hands. By this time, at the latest, Sanjar is already portrayed as having taken full command of his armies, and his long career of military successes began.
Now onto Sencer. He is potrayed as a smart, intelligent and strategist. His accomplishments now are based on the military successes of the real Melik Ahmed Sencer.
After the death of his father Melikşah when he was only six years old, it is understood that he could not get enough education due to the throne fights between the members of the dynasty. However, it can be said that he gained important experience in the state administration from a young age and that this deficiency was eliminated thanks to his skills and experience.
Habeşî, who broke up with Melik Sencer due to the issue of dominating Khorasan, informed Sultan Berkyaruk that Sencer and the Belh soldier attacked the cities under his rule and asked him for help. Sultan Berkyaruk came to Abyssinian aid with a force of 1000 people. The Abyssinian had a cavalry force of 20,000 men and an infantry force of 5,000, consisting of the Batini. In the battle that took place in front of Nûşecân, Sencer's army defeated Sultan Berkyaruk's army. This war constitutes a turning point in Berkyaruk-Sencer relations. Because Sultan Berkyaruk, who saw Sencer's great help in the throne fights until that day, confronted him as a rival this time.
The hopes of the Ghaznavids to capture Khorasan during the reign of Sencer's Khorasan Kingdom were revived from time to time. Gazneli Sultan İbrâhim b. The emir-i emîrân Muhammed b. His support for Suleiman was the result of such an idea. Moving forward under the auspices of a Gazne army reinforced with elephants, Muhammed b. With the defeat of Suleiman and taking a mile in his eyes, these hopes were dashed. The death of Ibrahim in 492 (1099) and Sencer's attitude did not allow the realization of Ghaznavid ambitions. The Ghaznavids were turned into a state subordinate to the Seljuks.
Sencer, who entered Gazne on 20 Şevval 510 (25 February 1117), declared Behram Shah as the sultan of Gazneli. According to the agreement between Behram Shah and Melik Sencer, the names of Caliph Mustazhir-Billâh, Sultan Muhammed Tapar, Melik Sencer and Sultan Behram Shah will be mentioned in the sermon, Behram Shah will give Sencer 1000 (or annually) for each day. 250.000 dinars would pay tribute, and a Seljuk public would sit in Gazne to collect it. At the end of this time, Sencer got a lot of spoils With this victory, Sencer achieved something that was not possible even in the time of Sultan Melikşah, when the Great Seljuk State had the widest borders.
This is possibly the reason why Sencer was considered as a leading character in this story. His military successes do make a compelling story for a show which wants to portray the might of the Selcuk Empire against Batinis, Gaznavids, Karahnvids, Abbasids etc.

Now eventually we will get to this point but it will be a lot of struggle for both of them.
Muhammed Tapar, who gave the Great Seljuk State its former prestige and power by re-establishing the unity that was broken by internal struggles, is known as "es-Sultânü'l-a'zam Abu Şücâ 'Gıyâsüddünâ ve'd-dîn Kasîmu emîri'l-believer" and in the sources " He is described as the strong man and perfect man of the Seljuks ”.
Sencer listened to the complaints of the people, ruled with justice, showed respect to religious scholars and was close to them, liked to be with the witnesses and saints. Great Seljuk state organization reached the most advanced level in his time. Most of the articles that contain official documents on the state organization belong to this period. Sencer is shown as an exemplary ruler with Sultan Melikşah in some sources.

UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Sencer is back to being a rebel bbaklava
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 am Sencer is back to being a rebel bbaklava
When I first saw the fragman without subtitles I thought what got into his head? Did he get infected with Tapar's mania? But then I watched with subtitles and it made more sence. He's in his asi mood again. But he better has enough reason to stand to his father like this. Especially with the way he was so vulnerable towards him in the last 3 epsiodes. Not saying it's not believable for his character to say what he's saying. At the contrary. The phrase is a Sencer trademark. But I want the transition from vulnerable Sencer to rebel Sencer to be smooth.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling what are these goodies! I enjoyed reading them very much. Are they from that turkish encyclopedia or have you found another source?
UglyDuckling wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:18 am The writers have done a wonderfully job in capturing the essence of the show and the characters from the historical perspective. They have been able to add nuances to these characters basing on what the real characters did historically. Ofcourse its fiction but lot can be added or removed according to their story but the major personalities of the characters have been beautifuly captured.
I agree. At first I was a bit baffled by their choice to be so flexible with their interpretation of history. But the more we go into the story, the more I admire the way they captured the characters' essence. It's worth studying really, because they are capturing the historical character in a way that makes us see the events we know will come as inevitable based on what we have seen of the characters so far.

About 491/1098 Sanjar’s uterine brother Moḥammad Tapar (r. 498-511/1105-1118) began a contest for the great sultanate with Barkiāroq, a struggle that was to last until Barkiāroq’s death in 498/1105. Sanjar promptly defected from Barkiāroq’s service to Moḥammad Tapar’s to play a key role throughout this struggle. His most critical contribution occurred in 494/1101, when Sanjar rescued Moḥammad Tapar’s bid after his catastrophic military defeat at Barkiāroq’s hands. By this time, at the latest, Sanjar is already portrayed as having taken full command of his armies, and his long career of military successes began.
I wonder how they will play this out in the series. I can't see Sencer defecting from the service of the sultan without very strong reasons. We have seen him refuse to give Arslantaş to the sultan. But that's quite different because in the case above there will be a real clash between armies.
I was thinking they might make Berkyaruk a bad Sultan. But the way they portrayed it so far, this seems less and less likely.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:06 am He does sound different. He did say he polices actors for their pronunciation, now he is tired as no one listens and he is the only one making that effort
Mehmet Özgür (Nizamulmulk) also sounds different. But I wonder why Buğra is not talking the same way if that is the pronunciation they are supposed to use. He strikes me as the type who likes to act his character perfectly, what with all the research he did on Melikşah's reign.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm Are they from that turkish encyclopedia or have you found another source?
Yes the same source given by emre bey. Google translate messes up a lot though.
Işık wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm I wonder how they will play this out in the series. I can't see Sencer defecting from the service of the sultan without very strong reasons. We have seen him refuse to give Arslantaş to the sultan. But that's quite different because in the case above there will be a real clash between armies.
Both Tapar and Sencer were serving the Sultan until Tapar decided to rebel. So I think, Sencer choosing his brother in this throne war meant he defected.
Işık wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm I was thinking they might make Berkyaruk a bad Sultan. But the way they portrayed it so far, this seems less and less likely.
Looking at Zubeyde I can't imagine him to be a bad Sultan. I hope he is shown as a lazy Sultan who is not able to accomplish much.
Işık wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:40 pm Mehmet Özgür (Nizamulmulk) also sounds different. But I wonder why Buğra is not talking the same way if that is the pronunciation they are supposed to use. He strikes me as the type who likes to act his character perfectly, what with all the research he did on Melikşah's reign.
Yes he does. I have noticed he pronounces için as uçun.
Bugra uses lakin while Ekin uses ama. I have noticed historical shows use lakin more often. But apart from that he does sound normal.
UglyDuckling
Stajyer

Post by UglyDuckling »

Interesting thread

Return to “Other Titles”