Uyanış: Büyük Selçuklu

UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm
Işık wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:44 pm
Oh so it's a special dizi detox yani. I get it. Watching dizis on a regular basis can be draining. This is only the third dizi I watch with this kind of interest and in synch with the airing episodes. You know I usually binge watch. And watching in synch is really taxing compared to binge watching after all the drama and fragmans had died out.
Thank you for the heads up about disappearing. This way we know not to worry tblue heart
Very draining. I think if episodes weren't so long it would be easier.
I am watching only one dizi with full interest. Others I watch once in a while..sometimes fast forward. I think they should limit some dizis to only one season.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Just look at the specimen. Not only it mentions Emre bey but it also gives him a chance until friday to revise his behavior :/
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:01 am Just look at the specimen. Not only it mentions Emre bey but it also gives him a chance until friday to revise his behavior :/
Bugra and Ekin both get equal amount of screen space. Sometimes there is more of one actor and less of the other. I don't understand these fans at all. I feel that the first fragman shows us the first hour of the episode and the second fragman the second hour. Maybe Bugra is there in the second hour. Imagine the audacity spinsmiley
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:07 am People like other characters too. They shouldn't stick to Sencer's secret as if that's the only interesting part. But I agree Emre Bey seems scared of the competition and negative comments.
True, as big as the secret is it's not the main plot of the story. The story has many main plots even.
I actually like how they put this aside for a while, as the story was built so they can bring it back now. There's no need dragging it for too long.... it's not like one of those shows where the big secret has to come out and then the show can wrap up.
We have a lot more Selçuk dynasty to explore.
UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:07 am A new poetry on their wedding night
Vay vay vay.... they should not skip this please when the time comes.... it's going to be super hot blisssmiley
UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:07 am She never considered Tapar a threat because of his spy/exiled mother. Courtiers would prefer Berkyaruk with a mother from the dynasty. But Sencer is totally different. It will be interesting to see if she considers him a threat considering that he may never be considered a Melik or his secret may never be revealed to the world ever.
Exactly. I think she underestimates him now cos he's literally not royalty. But Sencer's fame is what will get people nervous.
He's already well respected.... wait till people find out he's the Sultan's son especially if others like Barkiyaruk don't live up to their expected potential.... that's when all claws will be revealed.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:49 am
I am watching only one dizi with full interest. Others I watch once in a while..sometimes fast forward. I think they should limit some dizis to only one season.
They need to cut down the number of hours first. If we really look closely, so much time is wasted across board on long slow motion walks, longing gazes and driving.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:01 am Just look at the specimen. Not only it mentions Emre bey but it also gives him a chance until friday to revise his behavior :/
UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:23 am Bugra and Ekin both get equal amount of screen space. Sometimes there is more of one actor and less of the other. I don't understand these fans at all. I feel that the first fragman shows us the first hour of the episode and the second fragman the second hour. Maybe Bugra is there in the second hour. Imagine the audacity spinsmiley
There's always the "expert" on screen time who's bias is due to wanting to see their fave on screen for 2 hours straight default_doh

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

No one is posting subs so we will have to do with these tidbits..
EKINNNN tlol tlol tlol
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Berkyaruk was not considered a great sultan

"Berkyaruk could not prevent the Crusaders who crossed Anatolia and entered Syrian territory due to the throne fights and conflicts of interest between the emirs, from occupying Antakya (3 June 1098) and Jerusalem (15 July 1099) and establishing small states. In this regard, the War of Harran (497/1104), which resulted in the captivity of the Crusader counts Baudouin and Joscelin during the Berkyaruk period, was welcomed by Muslims. Despite the internal turmoil, throne fights and the Crusader invasion, Berkyaruk was recognized as a subordinate ruler by the two great Turkish states of that time, the Ghaznavids and Karahanli."
"Some historians refer to him as a just, virtuous, patient and mild-mannered ruler, while others record that he was fond of drink and entertainment."
https://islamansiklopedisi.org.tr/berkyaruk
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:06 am Exactly. I think she underestimates him now cos he's literally not royalty. But Sencer's fame is what will get people nervous.
He's already well respected.... wait till people find out he's the Sultan's son especially if others like Barkiyaruk don't live up to their expected potential.... that's when all claws will be revealed.
And he will have the army's vote.
With the Nizamiya yiğitler backing him as their heir, the other factions will be backed into a corner. The army is no small deed for succession issues and they will remain loyal to Nizamulmulk (and his sons after his death) and therefore loyal to Sencer, who is Nizamulmulk's protégé.

Remember when at one point Terken told Tajulmulk she wants to limit the power of Nizamülmülk's yiğitler and replace them with her own army?
Remember also how Zubeida in the last epsiode told Terken she will limit her funds? That was not accidental.

The historical Terken had in fact used her large funds and her lands to "buy" soldiers loyalty in the succession wars just after Melikşah's death. But the Nizamiya being vehemently against her had unified around Berkyaruk and had eventually vanquished her army.

I don't know how the Nizamiya loyalty will play out in the series since there's a heavy focus on Sencer being one of them, and since we have yet to see Berkyaruk.
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Muhammad's capture of Ray exposed the vulnerability of Berkyaruq's realm. Sa'd al-Dawla Gawhara'in, the shihna (military administrator) of Baghdad, soon joined Muhammad, which implies that the city was also added to his domain. Nevertheless, the five-year war continued to be indecisive, with Baghdad repeatedly changing hands. Even with the support of Sanjar (who despised Berkyaruq), Muhammad was unable to defeat his rival. Berkyaruq's authority continued to weaken, and by 1104, with his treasury exhausted, he was forced to sue for peace.[24] A treaty was subsequently made, which acknowledged Muhammad as the ruler of southern Iraq, northern Iran, the Diyar Bakr, Mosul and Syria, while Berkyaruq was acknowledged as the ruler of the rest of Iran (including Isfahan) and Baghdad. The treaty, however, did most likely not display the true circumstances of the situation. The following year (1105), there were no coin mints citing the name of Berkyaruq in the central Islamic lands. He died in the same year at the age of 25 and was succeeded by his infant son Malik-Shah II. Baghdad was subsequently captured by Muhammad, who had Malik-Shah II executed.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkyaruq

Apparently Sencer despised Berkyaruk.
They won't show the execution of kids on the show.
I think Berkyaruk will be played by a minor actor in the next season with his mother being the actual authority.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am Berkyaruk was not considered a great sultan

"Berkyaruk could not prevent the Crusaders who crossed Anatolia and entered Syrian territory due to the throne fights and conflicts of interest between the emirs, from occupying Antakya (3 June 1098) and Jerusalem (15 July 1099) and establishing small states. In this regard, the War of Harran (497/1104), which resulted in the captivity of the Crusader counts Baudouin and Joscelin during the Berkyaruk period, was welcomed by Muslims. Despite the internal turmoil, throne fights and the Crusader invasion, Berkyaruk was recognized as a subordinate ruler by the two great Turkish states of that time, the Ghaznavids and Karahanli."
"Some historians refer to him as a just, virtuous, patient and mild-mannered ruler, while others record that he was fond of drink and entertainment."
There's the point that the "Büyük" (persian area) branch of seljuk rulers (Berkyaruk, Mohamad and Sencer) were so far east in Isfahan and so entranched in power wars between dynasties that they rarely sent any help to the population in the west where the crusaders states have been established.
Even Sencer, despite his long reign had no significant impact on the wars in the west. It was actually other non-seljuk turkic rulers (most notably the zengids) that would succeed in starting the defense efforts against the crusaders starting from modern day Iraq and Syria.
And the fall of Antakya was partially the fault of Kılıç Arslan, who was still young. Isfahan was really a very long distance away from whatever was happening on the west cost of Melikşah's former empire.
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:24 am Berkyaruk was not considered a great sultan

There's one set of salty historians here cos these 2 profiles are poles apart default_moque.gif
Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:25 am
And he will have the army's vote.
With the Nizamiya yiğitler backing him as their heir, the other factions will be backed into a corner. The army is no small deed for succession issues and they will remain loyal to Nizamulmulk (and his sons after his death) and therefore loyal to Sencer, who is Nizamulmulk's protégé.

Remember when at one point Terken told Tajulmulk she wants to limit the power of Nizamülmülk's yiğitler and replace them with her own army?
Remember also how Zubeida in the last epsiode told Terken she will limit her funds? That was not accidental.

The historical Terken had in fact used her large funds and her lands to "buy" soldiers loyalty in the succession wars just after Melikşah's death. But the Nizamiya being vehemently against her had unified around Berkyaruk and had eventually vanquished her army.

I don't know how the Nizamiya loyalty will play out in the series since there's a heavy focus on Sencer being one of them, and since we have yet to see Berkyaruk.
I feel they'll write Zubeida as original Terken.
Terken has no heir to stand behind now, and she's literally at the mercy of Zubeida who has wealth and influence.
And very true about the army. Who ever holds influence over them gets the most say, which is what Nizamülmülk is enjoying now.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:38 am
Apparently Sencer despised Berkyaruk.
They won't show the execution of kids on the show.
I think Berkyaruk will be played by a minor actor in the next season with his mother being the actual authority.
I agree.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:06 am I can't wait to see when Sencer finally sees her hair which is his poetry muse default_moque.gif
swoon2
I hope that by then Ekin would have gotten himself out of this dark super hero Sencer that he has been describing in the interview. I want to see the dreamy poet Sencer seeing his wife's beauty for the first time.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:07 am She never considered Tapar a threat because of his spy/exiled mother. Courtiers would prefer Berkyaruk with a mother from the dynasty. But Sencer is totally different. It will be interesting to see if she considers him a threat considering that he may never be considered a Melik or his secret may never be revealed to the world ever.
Oh she will consider him a threat.
Despite all the baggage he has (being half kipçak, the son of an exiled hatun and not being born in the palace or even recognized is a melik), he has a charismatic leader personality, is backed by Nizamulmulk and the sultan looks at him with pride in his eyes even when he does not know he's his son. That right there is a combination that is sure to scare her.
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Mu'ayyid al-Mulk was in Khurasan at the end of 1094, but fled to the city of Isfahan to join Berkyaruq, who appointed him as his vizier. He convinced or bribed the leading figures of Iraq and Khurasan who had joined Tutush I to return to the allegiance of Berkyaruq. He also played a key-role in the defeat of Tutush in 1095, at Dashilu, near Ray. He was reportedly personally thanked by Berkyaruq. However, he soon fell from grace. He had alienated Berkyaruq's mother Zubayda Khatun, who held great influence over her son. Furthermore, he had also bickered with his brother Fakhr al-Mulk over jewels left by their father. The latter offered Berkyaruq a great sum of riches in return for the post of vizier, which he accepted. Mu'ayyid al-Mulk was thus dismissed.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu%27ayyid_al-Mulk

Berkyaruk was ruled by his mother. Zubeyda controls him.
Terken will have a baby soon I feel but probably the baby will die a natural death after becoming the Sultan.
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Has Sencer changed a lot? Do you like the change or not?

After his miraculous recovery he seems to have become this dark superhero. I feel he has become more confident and has more problems to solve.
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 pm
swoon2
I hope that by then Ekin would have gotten himself out of this dark super hero Sencer that he has been describing in the interview. I want to see the dreamy poet Sencer seeing his wife's beauty for the first time.
Yessss. I want to see him say poetry to her face tswoon
We've had some nice words, but the way he comes across in those letters smileys/imoksmiley.gif swoon2 .
But I don't see this happening before season 2 [smileys/begging.gif]

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 pm Has Sencer changed a lot? Do you like the change or not?

After his miraculous recovery he seems to have become this dark superhero. I feel he has become more confident and has more problems to solve.
I had sensed an aloofness in Sencer before Ekin stated it in the interview but it was really recent. I wouldn't date it back to his miraculous recovery/resurrection.
It’s more noticeable for me in scenes like the one where he goes to see his mother in her tent after she has been injured. He's guarded and his face is not what you would have expected from early epsiodes Sencer. Even Tapar is showing more emotion.

Ekin says this dark turn happened after his near-death. Since he is the one playing the character, I wonder if this darkness was there all along since episode 8 and I only just noticed.
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:13 pm
Oh she will consider him a threat.
Despite all the baggage he has (being half kipçak, the son of an exiled hatun and not being born in the palace or even recognized is a melik), he has a charismatic leader personality, is backed by Nizamulmulk and the sultan looks at him with pride in his eyes even when he does not know he's his son. That right there is a combination that is sure to scare her.
I think she still hasn't witnessed how Melikşah reacts around Sencer. She probably wont be as confident then. If Meliksah is so gracious to Sencer now, imagine when he knows that's his son.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:13 pm Berkyaruk was ruled by his mother. Zubeyda controls him.
Terken will have a baby soon I feel but probably the baby will die a natural death after becoming the Sultan.
You think they'll still give Terken Mahmud. It'll make sense and fit with the succession story, I just wonder now, with Terken pretty much no longer the main wife, how they'll spin it that she'll be favored that way even of its short-lived.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:31 pm
Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:08 pm
swoon2
Yessss. I want to see him say poetry to her face tswoon
We've had some nice words, but the way he comes across in those letters smileys/imoksmiley.gif swoon2 .
But I don't see this happening before season 2 [smileys/begging.gif]
My heart wouldn't take Sencer saying poetry to his wife's face. I am flushing just at the thought swoon2
Well we can dream till season 2 comes..
QueenLola
Valide Sultan

Post by QueenLola »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 pm Has Sencer changed a lot? Do you like the change or not?

I attribute most of his change primarily to his near death experience and after that, entering the saraya for the first time with the relics. He felt something going in there.... he knew he belonged there despite his position.
As for the darkness, still based on being thrown off the cliff, everything seemed to become more personal from then on.
Yorgos tracked him down for revenge, his love Turna got kidnapped, he had his issues with Hace and Melikşah also.

"Ben bir kartalım!"
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:33 pm

I had sensed an aloofness in Sencer before Ekin stated it in the interview but it was really recent. I wouldn't date it back to his miraculous recovery/resurrection.
It’s more noticeable for me in scenes like the one where he goes to see his mother in her tent after she has been injured. He's guarded and his face is not what you would have expected from early epsiodes Sencer. Even Tapar is showing more emotion.

Ekin says this dark turn happened after his near-death. Since he is the one playing the character, I wonder if this darkness was there all along since episode 8 and I only just noticed.
I noticed that too this episode. Is it possible he is fatigued? He did talk about wanting let others do the fighting now. He seemed very tired.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 pm
UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:13 pm Berkyaruk was ruled by his mother. Zubeyda controls him.
You think they'll still give Terken Mahmud. It'll make sense and fit with the succession story, I just wonder now, with Terken pretty much no longer the main wife, how they'll spin it that she'll be favored that way even of its short-lived.
Mahmud will die of natural reasons as UglyDuckling stated. I just can't remember if it was the pox or something else. So they can safely include him without an infanticide risk.
About Terken becoming a favorite again. Does she need to? She was with Melikşah in Baghdad when he died and hid his death while she secured the sultanate for her son and convinced the caliph to declare her son the new sultan. People back in Isfahan chose Berkyaruk and the two clans clashed. So we can't really say she was back in his favor when he died.
Why she was with him is another question. I read one of the main reasons Melikşah went to Baghdad was to exile the caliph after the disagreement between him and Mah mulk. So maybe it does make sense for Terken (the girl's mother) to be with him.
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

QueenLola wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:42 pm

I attribute most of his change primarily to his near death experience and after that, entering the saraya for the first time with the relics. He felt something going in there.... he knew he belonged there despite his position.
As for the darkness, still based on being thrown off the cliff, everything seemed to become more personal from then on.
Yorgos tracked him down for revenge, his love Turna got kidnapped, he had his issues with Hace and Melikşah also.
I agree. I read lots of complaints that Sencer changed into this warrior and he doesn't seem the same. I really like the change. Earlier he was under Nizamulmulk, talking orders and staying in the background. After his near death he seems to take up the challenge of eliminating the enemies more seriously and personally. His character has to evolve into a stronger, smarter, confident warrior who is well respected. And the gradual change, after getting Meliksah's approval makes sense to me. Though it would nice if we could get his softer side more often.
I feel that the writers are trying to get him in this position without the support of his title/father. Once he already has the respect the transition to a Melik or Emir will look natural.
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

I was actually trying to find any information on Sencer's real wife. There seems to be no information other than the name.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

QueenLola wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:34 am
Işık wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:29 pm By the way, I am GLAD Sencer did not get into Turna's room and that there was no elopement scenario. Çok şükür.
I was laughing while watching this, like .... Işık will be relieved. default_moque.gif
From the moment he entered her room, I knew it was a dream.
You had to see me all riled up at him for entering without even knocking the door. Hayırdır paşa??

I definitely sensed something was off but couldn't be sure before they showed Turna waking up..
What a relief default_moque.gif
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:55 pm I was actually trying to find any information on Sencer's real wife. There seems to be no information other than the name.
What had you tried? Even my sources do not say much.
UglyDuckling
Verified Member

Post by UglyDuckling »

Işık wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:59 pm
UglyDuckling wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:55 pm I was actually trying to find any information on Sencer's real wife. There seems to be no information other than the name.
What had you tried? Even my sources do not say much.
That website Emre bey mentioned doesn't have anything. No wiki no other sources not even turkish sources. I tried ahmed sencer'in eşi- some useless articles.

Return to “Other Titles”