Gönül Dağı

Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

I am the only one here watching, but I promise it's nice. Then again these kind of dramas are not everyones cup of tea. It has a lot of indy feeling.
Shemshak
Warrior Princess

Post by Shemshak »

How is this show ladies?
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Sultan Banu wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 pm

I am the only one here watching, but I promise it's nice. Then again these kind of dramas are not everyones cup of tea. It has a lot of indy feeling.
I would have liked to keep your company. This dizi seems like something I would like, but I already have 2 dizis on my plate. I would probably binge watch it sometimes the next year. And maybe then I would come to discuss it and the thread would be then empty like a desert default_moque.gif
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Işık wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:48 am I would have liked to keep your company. This dizi seems like something I would like, but I already have 2 dizis on my plate. I would probably binge watch it sometimes the next year. And maybe then I would come to discuss it and the thread would be then empty like a desert
Don't worry, we are only at episode six. If you have time again for another show, this will wait for you :drink_ccoffee:

Beautiful fragman, but what is this crash paperbag
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

The Turkish audience genuinely loves this show

Makes me fuzzy warm
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

Could you sell it to me dear?
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Işık wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:31 pm Could you sell it to me dear?
Let me seee - before I try to sell, let me say it is not popular among international watchers. Sure you have the fans of the lead couple, but I don't count that. Why? I don't know, it is probably not glamorous enough nor has it drama ala Hercai. So they probably find it hard to connect to the characters [default_e13716.gif]

You can find dramas playing in provincial areas in many countries and this one is supposed to make you all feel sad but also happy. Like we all watched the plane flying with a yesssmileyf
Every week you get to cry for one character, this week was Zahides turn. How she arrived back to her mothers home for example after a failed marriage and how this failed marriage made her feel seen as
talk of the village.

Other than the personal dramas, you have of course love stories. We have a young happy married couple, a foolish young man courting the daughter of the villages mayor, a man trying to win his wife back default_moque.gif , also unrequited love, a love that ended and a new begin for the main couple after many years.

What else? In a Turkish comedy drama you also have the bizarre characters for comic relief, but that might be not everyones cup of tea.
Poetry and philosophy is a huge theme in this show. From Neset Ertas to Jules Verne.. Btw since you watched Vuslat, Kerems grandfather plays the grandfather here as a wise, down to earth man. And I like him in this role. It makes you think how he had these silly sons - one is a wedding event organizer and the other one brings weeping women to funerals :roflroll2:

Music, of course a dizi with bad music is a failed dizi, because the feelings need to be also heard. But that's just me, I love music.

Did I sell well? I am no as eloquent as you [default_winking.gif]
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Nr 1 in all categories, vay be. It is deserved, what can I say?

This week, Cemile made us cry hrtbreaking

Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

This weeks story was Asumans. I think next week Serdars story is told.

Ratings, masallah! I think if Ibos show was not there, they would have 10 rating easily. Hope they don't go sacma, because it really is nice.
Işık
Stajyer

Post by Işık »

@Sultan Banu thank you so much for your review canım! iyi ki varsın! tblue heart
I went and watched half of the first episode. And you really won't guess my impression.
The dizi is so warm and real and very raw. It's not a drama per se and yet I had unshed tears in my eyes and couldn't swallow for the whole time.
I never lived in a village and I dare say I never lived in a place so isolated and with clearly limited means. Yet I felt home sick and very emotional, like someone was squeezing my heart slowly and surely.
There is something that is both fantastical and very mundane about the setting and the people. It's a contradiction but both attributes are touchable.
I doubt my impression will match what this dizi followers have come to associate with it. But I honestly feel like this dizi has layers upon layers of beauty. It's something that struck me really when I started watching, the fact that something so simple could be also so unexplicably moving and beautiful.
Have you noticed I said nothing of the plot? It's really rather weird that you can say so much of something and yet not say anything at all. This dizi is indescribable for me right now but it's really beautiful.
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Yeah it has no polarizing drama with lots of crying and so on. It is more down to earth but since it is a 'masal' this tragic element. Like you are so close to happiness but also so afar. Even the 'baddie' (no spoilers) gets a redemption before it is too late by solving his own issues. In other dizis he would have been violent and not try to be good in the last five minutes lol. Or the rejected woman not trying to be manipulative for once.
Last episode kinda went circle and the gains most of all achieved seems to be lost again. If you seek different plots and akysion then this isn't the right show. Like in Vuslat they win and lose till they achieve their goals.

---

Last ep reached 10 abc1, it is really liked even by men. Sadly new ep in two weeks.. trt usually never does a pause but they also film nonstop so it is only fair.
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

I am still the only who watches, lol, but we approach ep15 and it is defo my fav this season, followed by Masumlar Apartmani and Kirmizi Oda.

Have something to laugh (he brings weeping women to funerals and yells too due kidney stone pain)
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Wow 12 ratings

How did atv think of putting a new drama on next week?
Phoenix
Verified Member

Post by Phoenix »

Not sure what promoted me to start this show other than needing something sweet in between Kirmizi Oda, but I'm so glad I did! It's somehow lovely and heartbreaking at the same time, I adore it! Stunning scenery, loveable characters, great use of Neset Ertas at every given oppertunity default_moque.gif I love the philosophical and literature/poetry elements and the lovely dialogues. Great characters too, even the ex-fiance is not 'evil' and the other girl in love with main character isn't conniving and crazy. I have a huge soft spot for the 3 cousins, and Sefer, and Zahide, and Cemile and....yh, I have a huge soft spot for this show I should say heartshower I haven't caught up yet, I hope it doesn't get sacma later on, loving it so far! [uff.gif] wub
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Yeah I am grateful they stay away from big clichees, like you wont avoid sometimes clichees, but the audience made it clear they won't tolerate stupid tropes lol. I just wished they would give us more Serdar and Elif scenes, but I stay patient.
Also every character getting respected, you don't get that everywhere, especially the older ones are as of value as the younger ones with their own stories and worries.

Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Silly 😁
I hope we get nice new characters next season 🤗
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

Welp, but it shows that a 10+ show also gets no audience this summer. This was a special for eid.
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

For those who watch, Fadimes actress left, meaning either the character dies from her cancer or left with her kid. All in all sad to get no closure 😔

We get a new doctor in the house, Doktor Kenan 😉
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

💛💛💛

This show will I think do between 7-8 this season. Lots of new competition on Saturday.
Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

❤️

Sultan Banu
Warrior Princess

Post by Sultan Banu »

The first two eps were a bit slow, but loved the 3rd one. At first the Kenan story was weird, but you get slowly sucked in.
New guest actress

https://www.birsenaltuntas.com/uncatego ... kter/1767/

Return to “Other Titles”