The Turkish Dizi

Nadin
Warrior Princess

Re: The Turkish Dizi

Post by Nadin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:44 pm

7 minutes ago, Angel. said:

Yeah, that one. Lots of things about it bring the PK feeling back. 

I'm waiting for a new project from Ethem.  Let's see what he brings us after Soz. 

I didn't realize how many shows are adaptations from Korean ones. :O 

https://mydramalist.com/article/articles-turkish-remakes-of-asian-dramas-that-will-excite-you-2079

I recently started the show because it became available with Eng subtitles. I got to say, that the main thing that is keeping me going and has captivated me from the start has definitely got to be Arif. There's just something about him. After the first episode, I was shocked about the possibility of him doing such a thing to Bahar. But, throughout the episodes you notice that he conveys a hard exterior, when in fact he's the biggest softy this world has seen. I love him and his interaction with the kids

Speaking of Ethem, I also can't wait!!! I got to confess, I still think about what Yuz Yuze could of been to this day. It was such a shame that it has been cancelled after 2 episodes 

Yea, lately i've been realizing that 75% of the Turkish dizi's are an adaption to a Korean drama. 

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:49 pm

3 minutes ago, Nadin said:

I recently started the show because it became available with Eng subtitles. I got to say, that the main thing that is keeping me going and has captivated me from the start has definitely got to be Arif. There's just something about him. After the first episode, I was shocked about the possibility of him doing such a thing to Bahar. But, throughout the episodes you notice that he conveys a hard exterior, when in fact he's the biggest softy this world has seen. I love him and his interaction with the kids

Really!? Ay you should join us.   It's just a couple if us, but we have some nice discussion.  What episode are you on?

I love everything about the mahalle and Arif is possibly my favorite dizi character at the moment.   He's amazing! 

Speaking of Ethem, I also can't wait!!! I got to confess, I still think about what Yuz Yuze could of been to this day. It was such a shame that it has been cancelled after 2 episodes 

I agree about Yuz Yuze. I got the feeling it would have been an amazing show.  Such a shame it didn't even get a chance.  

Yea, lately i've been realizing that 75% of the Turkish dizi's are an adaption to a Korean drama. 

Wow, I don't  watch Korean shows so I had no idea. It's a lot!  Feels like almost all the summer shows. 

Nadin
Warrior Princess

Post by Nadin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:52 pm

1 minute ago, Angel. said:

Really!? Ay you should join us.   It's just a couple if us, but we have some nice discussion.  What episode are you on?

I just finished Episode 8, waiting for the next translated episodes!!! :) 

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:02 pm

11 minutes ago, Nadin said:

I just finished Episode 8, waiting for the next translated episodes!!! :) 

LOL! Pressure pressure!  

I'm working on 9. I should be posting it tomorrow. But you can come discuss up to 8, there's lots there  

mili
Sultan

Post by mili » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 am

Mahsun, a show that aired on BluTv with great cast, Ali Atay, Haluk Bilginer, Okan Yalabik, is now on Netflix , under name Innocent, with subs ofc  8 episodes as it was for Blu

Nice move Netflix 

l checked and on IMDB show has 8.9 

Samiramis
Guru

Post by Samiramis » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:15 am

Their reactions to the Aski Memnu videos are hilarious. tlol Poor Kivanc tlaugh
Also how they make fun of Arka Sokaklar. tlaugh
It's always so weird to see how people living in Turkey think about dizis. It's so different from our perspective. Which makes sense I guess because I wouldn't know which actors are legends in the industry and I didn't grow up with them so there isn't this nostalgic element that Turks have.
Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.

mili
Sultan

Post by mili » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:40 pm

Samiramis wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:15 am
It's always so weird to see how people living in Turkey think about dizis. It's so different from our perspective. Which makes sense I guess because I wouldn't know which actors are legends in the industry and I didn't grow up with them so there isn't this nostalgic element that Turks have.
I met few young Turkish people and i was surprised that they not only don't watch but even 'hate' their shows. They are tired of super long episodes and the just enjoy and prefer Netflix, ofc i met some who also watch and love but they are minority, it's also about their background and uni etc etc

Samiramis
Guru

Post by Samiramis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 am

mili wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:40 pm
Samiramis wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:15 am
I met few young Turkish people and i was surprised that they not only don't watch but even 'hate' their shows. They are tired of super long episodes and the just enjoy and prefer Netflix, ofc i met some who also watch and love but they are minority, it's also about their background and uni etc etc
Yes, I have quite a big Turkish community in my country and I had the same experience with them. Most of them seem very disinterested in their own dizis. If anything they only watch stuff like Fi and Hakan Muhafiz and think that all new dizis (so anything after Ezel) are garbage.
I get it because I am unitententionally the same with tv shows from my home country. But I think it's a pity, because they miss on some quality dizis that are easily on par with the American entertainment they seem to think is so much more superior.
Then there are the patriotic, conservative types who always like to recommend me shows like Dirilis Ertugrul and Söz.
Daha o gün anlamıştım Feride, ben ömrümce seninle sınanacaktım .Yakub'un Yusuf'la İbrahim'in İsak'la Habil'in Kabil'le sınandığı gibi . Sen koca bir yalnızlığı bense sensizliği bardak bardak içecektim.

mili
Sultan

Post by mili » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:52 am

I guess this is a proper thread, and also to bring some life here

There is big project coming, two good and successful companies( even tho Karga is new) and imo they both offer the highest quality, are getting together to make new one.

Also few months ago, AyYapim joined MedYapim to go together to international market plus they started making movies together (Bir Ask iki Hayat and Sampiyon)
Ay maybe didn't have successful dizis in last couple of years but they are scoring at other fileds. The way they are going, seems like they want to be the biggest production company in Turkey.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Titles: General”